S6 Water Pipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S6 Water Pipes?

does anyone know if it's a must to change the two water pipes, one from the thermostat and one from the turbo, when doiing the timing belt? do these pipe degrade significantly over time?

if so, could you post me a link or two for new pipes and also the part number/ etka if you have them, please?

many thanks

craig
    1997 Audi S6 - The Purple Helmet!

The two rubber sections are an essential change, yes. The metal sections are not.
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Definately change these. Available from Roose and they should be able to sell them individually if you don't need a full hose kit. Order for ABY S2 and they come in correct length for AAN. I actually had to cut one in half as it was too long for my S2.

Probably still available from Audi, but they have been known to supply the wrong hose material which is a waste of time fitting as it deteriorates very quickly under high temps.
      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

does this look like the right thing to you, mike?

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.p...oducts_id=1944

Comment

The other one Craig... listed as ancillary kit £140. If you expand the photo its the 2 smallest hoses on the left of photo. Sorry having trouble posting links on my phone.
          1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

this??

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.p...roducts_id=176

i don't need to replace this lot, surely?? remember i'm just an occasional blaster of the s6, not one of you young turbo heads!!

Comment

Probably the rest of the kit won't fit your car anyway as the rad is in a different place. So the 2 small hoses shouldn't be too expensive if bought on there own. Worth a quick email to find out a price.

That tub was certainly blasting on Sunday.
              1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

aye, it's a great old bus and not too far behind you s2 lot, although i'm a gonner in the bends, that's for sure!!

sorry to be crap but which two hoses in that photo am i needing? this is the etka diagram that TPS printed off for me...

Comment

5 is the thermostat one.

They haven't shown the one that goes to the turbo, as that comes off the water manifold (on the S2 anyway).
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Turbo coolant and oil line info

This info should help you:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/72682.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

These should be the ones you need. Roose do a OE black color (above) which looks really good. As said, unless you know they've been changed in the last 2 years or so its a good idea to replace them when your in the area.
                      1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

that's a terrific help, gents - many thanks indeed . .

Comment

Working...
                        X