S2 avant suspension advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 avant suspension advice

I'm thinking of changing the shock absorbers on the avant, which type are recommended or is it better to buy a suspension kit and slightly lower it at the same time. The car is used as a daily. At the sane time rear top mounts will also be done, fronts were done about 8 months ago

Koni adjustable are good all-round option, Bilstein B8 are sporty, KW V1 are a good option, H&R springs will lower it...

All depends on budget...
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Can you get the B8 for the front? I could only find B8's for the rear.
      Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

What would be the best option bilstien with H&R ? What would the budget be ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
          Can you get the B8 for the front? I could only find B8's for the rear.
          Same here, I'm running B6 front and B8 rear with H&R.
          Cheers, Torben
          '94 B4 Avant S2

Comment

I am also running B6 fronts and B8 rears with stock springs, great combo for DD.
            www.quattro.ca
            B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
            B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

But why do just not run B6 at front and rear and then H&R 30/30 lowering springs?

I can't see the point in running different front / rear type dampners?
              Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

What's b6 or b8 mean, I'm not too clued up on suspension variation. Or would the best option be leave the springs original and just uprate the shock absorbers

Comment

The BILSTEIN B6 Sport is a mono-tube gas pressure shock absorber designed to dampen wide-ranging vibrations very precisely. Where an oil shock absorber produces an oily foam and creates a spongy driving feeling after a very short distance, the BILSTEIN B6 Sport remains constant, precise and stable. The BILSTEIN B8 Sprint is a mono-tube gas pressure shock absorber specifically designed to be used with lowered vehicles with shorter stroke. It also offers the same advantages as the BILSTEIN B6 Sport shock absorber.
                  Description from bilsteins homepage
                  Sleeper S2 Avant +450

A6 Avant 2.7t Stage 3

Audi S2 Coupe RS2'ed

Comment

Best place to buy from?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonas_R View Post
                      But why do just not run B6 at front and rear and then H&R 30/30 lowering springs?

I can't see the point in running different front / rear type dampners?
                      Stiffer rear suspension promotes oversteer.
                      Running same setup on my 90q tdi and love it on both accounts.
                      www.quattro.ca
                      B2: 82 Urq into Sport quattro, 82 4000 2-door, 83 80q 2 Door, 83 Ur-q CDN, 85 Ur-q Euro with 3B, 86 4kq, 59,000km
                      B3/B4: 91 CQ, 93 90q 2.5TDI, 94 80q avant 2.5tdi, 94 S2 Avant

Comment

If it's a daily go with stock springs and RS2 dampers which were Boge , available from GSF at a good price.
                        When I first bought my Avant in 2006 it had brand new of the above, it was the perfect compromise looking back. Yeah I went the H&R route but it ruined the ride with probably no gain handling wise

Cheers Rob

Comment

Thank you so I'll give GSF a call tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kulster View Post
                            Best place to buy from?
                            Hi mate, just seen this thread. If you decide to go down the Bilstein route, then let me know as I can help you pricing etc. There is a Bilstein group buy on here that I started some time ago.
                            Thanks
                            Yaz
                            1992 Audi 100 2.8 Quattro
                            1993 Audi Cab 2.3
                            1995 Audi URS6 Avant
                            1999 Audi S8 D2 FL
                            2005 Skoda Octavia Elegance Variant TDi
                            2012 VW CC BlueMotion Tech DSG

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Working...