Jack4688's S2 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack4688's S2 Avant

It's been three years since I last owned an S2 - I was both 21 and a student at the time so wasn't such a good idea Today I've picked up this S2 Avant from Trist28 and I couldn't be happier!

The one I had before was a 1991 3B, it had no air-con, black leather interior and I owned it during a very hot June Ever since the day it came to a sticky end up on Saddleworth moor I've been itching to get another one and I'm so glad I waited for the right one to come along.

It has air-con, black interior with carbon inserts and quattro script cloth seats - all the things I want inside. The only mods are Koni springs and dampers (which still seems more comfortable than my Ibiza Cupra) and S4 alloys Also got a set of mud & snow tyres which will come in handy given the winter/spring we had in Huddersfield.

It's staying at my parents' house until I've sold my current car - partly due to the difference between the S2 and what I am hoping to sell my Cupra for being earmarked mainly for fuel bills

I'm going to change a few things, but keep it subtle. Firstly, I've always preferred the look af the original Avus alloys over the Avus II alloys. Second, although I prefer cloth to leather I want to swap the front seats for recaros. I might toy with the idea of having some recaros from a Golf VR6 or similar re-trimmed in half leather.... On the performance side I'm adamant that a remap is all it needs

Hopefully I'll have the time to do all of that and document it on this thread in the coming months/years
    Attached Files

Jack: Congrats and check your Private Mail
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Glad your happy with it fella

If you get the 16" Avus setup the handling will be improved massively and soak up bumps/pot holes alot better.

Comment

Very nice and happy to see another avant is saved
        Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

Look forward to seeing this avant at the next Sun Inn meet then,no excuses mind

Comment

Woot.. avant goodness.
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Good luck with the new purchase!
              96 S2 aby Coupe. Rebuild Project
              96 mk3 golf tdi daily.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys and thanks Tristan for selling the car, personally I think you're mad for selling it

Originally posted by polishing_frenchman View Post
                Look forward to seeing this avant at the next Sun Inn meet then,no excuses mind
                Would that be Sun Inn in Rastrick?

Comment

Nice car, congrats!

I've got a set of early 18" Avus wheels if you're looking to buy

These ones.

Last edited by newsh; 5 May 2013, 00:17.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the offer but I'm only looking for 16" ones - I want more tyre sidewall to soak up the bumps on my drive to work

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4688 View Post
                      Thanks for the kind words guys and thanks Tristan for selling the car, personally I think you're mad for selling it

Would that be Sun Inn in Rastrick?
                      Nice car, I miss my avant. No it's the Sun Inn at Harrogate. So your over Brighouse way then? Might see you about as I have family over that way.
                      Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Just compared the Rastrick Sun Inn and Harrogate Sun Inn on google street view, infact there's no comparison! I live at the top end of Hudds but work in Brighouse which involves driving through some awful potholes in the bottom end of Rastrick - it's dreadful in my Cupra

Comment

Ah the Brass Band region

Comment

Lovely Avant Jack and nice colour mate shame you've got so many pot holes I know the feeling theres loads where I live in the country and its so damn annoying but am persevering with my 18's!!

Comment

Aye brass band region. Not so many pot holes really, just one road on my way to work is awful. Already though I think the S2 is more compliant than the Cupra and I think the longer wheelbase helps keep it stable. Shame it's gone into storage now until I come back minus the Cupra
                              Last edited by Jack4688; 6 May 2013, 16:28. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Working...
                              X