Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10v FWD Ozzie Audi 200tq

Hi Folks

My name is Pete and I love down in Victoria Australia, not new to audis but am to the goodness of the 5 pot. I was a bit of an B5 fan boy have several B5 RS4 and 2 B5 S4. My partner and I are both lucky enough to company cars so the RS now has a new home, I soon become board not having a toy so I bought this

Thought I would start a build thread for the new toy she's not the prettiest thing but I got her for the princely sum of $250 and 4 cases of beer and much to my girlfriends dismay, i proudly brought home the above car.

The best surprise was it has had a manual conversion, sunroof, power mirrors, power seats with memory, cruise control. Wow its pretty fast too!!!!!!!!!

Finally I have a 5cyl to play around with even if its the FWD 10v version who cares its a 5 pot turbo!!!!!

Problems so far

1) Surging under power
    2) Boost spikes
    3) Boost leaks
    4) headliner dropping
    5) Front shocks (^*^%&
    6) Paint average

Awesome things

1) Manual
    2) All power things work mirrors, windows sunroof, seats, steering
    3) Old School Laggy turbo goodness
    4) Hilarious

Today Andy and wayne at baytech automotive solved the surging problem. Who ever did the manual conversion rigged up the throttle cable by zip tying it to the brake master cylinder. Hence when you accelerate the motor moves causing a double acceleration (surging effect). Courtesy of an audi 80 donor car they whipped up this solution

I also started stripping the interior for a good clean up heres a little guide

Front seats

1) Remove end caps from the seat rails

2) Un bolt the 2 bolts holding your seat to the floor from the front
    3) Tilt back unplug wiring loom
    4) slide out backwards

Easy!!!!!!

Rear seats

1) Remove head rests, this done by removing the holding clip under the headrest in the middle of the plastic trim
    2) Open the boot push in the 4 large plastic tabs holding the head rests in place
    3) Remove the bottom session couple clips
    4) Remove the seat back by lifting the whole piece up

Easy!!!

Head Lining

1) Remove all the hand grabs couple screws in each
    2) Remove pillar trims, plastic clips hold them in, a bit of gentle force should unclip everything
    3) rip off your sagging roof lining in a fit of rage to reveal lots of horrible orange glue stuff (don't do this it makes a hell of a mess)

4) The roof lining in essentially just cardboard so be careful not to rip when your trying to get it unglued from the roof, I would recommend using a paint scraper or large chisel to do this. Work slowly until you free all the glued areas, around the sunroof there are clips that hold the roof lining on with a small screw driver you can un clip these with mild force. Boom should drop out now, because you have already taken your seats out with wiggling you should be able to get it out of the back door.

Not Easy!!!

Rear tail light

Well thats a sad looking site a cracked rear light, how did that happen? Who backed into a trailer because the 200 doesn't have reverse sensors?

1) Remove covers
    2) Use an 8 mm spanner to undo the light cover

3) Un clip the bulb holder, now with a screw driver gently push between the light and the car body as the light is held in with a type of plastic seal/sticky stuff

4) clean up new light cover reapply sealant, repeat steps 2 and 1 in reserve and finish

I come from a land down under

After trawling WWW to steal ideas I finally have come up with a direction for the 200, as it is already kinda of abnormal looking I thought I would continue that theme and make the car a little bit quirky. I want to modernise the interior leave the outside some what ghetto add some (80'esse) rally flair, mix a bit of fun in and mildly increase the power to around the max capability of the CIS injection which is 220ish hp.

Righto so where am I up too.

Retrimming...........

As you have seen above the roof lining was shagged the original colour was light beigee tan yukkkkkkk, I ended up going with a nice charcoal marco suede for the lining, pillars then had the sun-visors dyed a satin black. We then added a little colour and child hood memories for fun on the sunroof and light console.

Until more funds are found for a fully re-trim the seats have been heavily shampooed and are much cleaner

Before

Afters

I also had some presents turn up in the mail.......

These are one of my favourite rims of all time Audi flat 5's, i'm still not sure though as I had really wanted something with dish and mesh. But these seem to be super hard to come buy so I grabbed them while I could.

I some how managed to find a chipped ecu and 1.9 Bar Waste gate spring too (love ebay)

Well I found these today.....

I love the flat 5's but BBS + Dish + +13 offset is awesome

Cheers

Pete

Comment

Ha ha, loving the childhood mems roof console. Fine work saving this beast.

Comment

Very nice and rare 200. Get yourself over on classic Audi. www.classic-audi.co.uk

They'll love the 200.
        Stuart
        B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

Great project car. Can you tell us what product(s) you used to change the colours of the pillars and sun visors please?

Comment

Wow, those BBS dish wheels are nice!

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
            Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
            BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
            BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

Thank you for all the comments folks, the pillar I used a marco suede fabric to re-trimmed them the sunvisor I'll need to ask the trimmer what the product is for you. I test fitted the flat 5's and there not going to fit they rub on the struts. No matter I got the 17' BBS from a E34 BMW 5 series DISH, YES PLEASE!!!!!! ET + 13 too

Test fit reveals they clear everything and sit Hella flush should look great with a bit of stretch. Only problem is I wont be able to run spacers at the ET is so aggressive, look like I will need to have my hubs welded and re-drilled as 5 x 120 PCD with M14 instead of 5 x 112 PCD M12.
              Any one recommend some one in melbounre who can do the job???

Also managed to pull out the dash today thanks to this guy!! It was badly cracked so its off to be re-trimmed!!

Should be fun piecing this lot back together

Comment

Work on the dash board has been started, where the cracks where each edge was rising so a bit of grinding with a dremel to get everything flat again then a healthy dose of filler to make smooth. Now wait to it dries then sand back and off to the trimmer to covered in exotic micro suede ooooooooo!!!

Comment

I wish you good luck with fitting them wheels, especially at the back...

Other than that, good work so far.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post

Theres always away.......Just usually determined by how much money you want to spend lol

Anyways.....

Headed over to Baytech Automotive this evening to reinstall the interior, First of all a massive thank you to Andy and Wayne for helping so far to date with out your patience my lack knowledge would truly be exposed and answering a million questions along the lines of how does this come apart???

Righto as talked about before the seats and carpet cleaned up a treat 27 years of filth has been removed there were any number of stains and oil spots all over the carpets

Also had the windscreen removed, need a new one for RWC and to reinstall the head lining

FYI if you ever have asked a mechanic do something that seems small and been charged the earth for it............... Chances are it was so (&^()(* Fiddly they most likely took 10 years of knowledge and industry experience to lets say replace that sunroof for you. Pay the money people just pay the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone would like to chat further about sunroofs installation feel free to pm me eat way to much to write here

There is a quick shot of part of the head lining will take some better photos in the sun shine soon

Late night run googles and all, check out the patina!!!!!

Cheers

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS mate!!! What a BEAUTIFUL 200t you have there!!! What an awesome car it is! Hope to see more pics of it!

Comment

I have a 200 turbo quattro the same colour over the other side of the ditch

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post

It would appear you were right sir....... . My car seems to have flat wheel arches on the rear where all the 20v quattro 200's have rounded arches Looks like about 7.5 inches wide at +20 is about the max width and offset I could run.

Here are a few more pic of the interior, I managed to fine a set of black hand grabs too they look much nice then the beige

Im also of thinking about not trying to get these wheels too fit any more, after trying to test fit them to the rear. It seems they will be too wide unless I pull the guards. The list to make them fit so far

1) Re drill PCD
                          2) Pull Guards
                          3) Run massive stretch
                          4) Probably will still Rub Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by FabS6 View Post
                            CONGRATULATIONS mate!!! What a BEAUTIFUL 200t you have there!!! What an awesome car it is! Hope to see more pics of it!
                            Thank you, there will be lots more pics to come for sure

Originally posted by vag_nutter View Post
                            I have a 200 turbo quattro the same colour over the other side of the ditch

Awesome looking car, I wish we got quattro 200's here in Oz sadly no.

Comment

Please do not destroy this beautiful car.
                              1-2-4-5-3

Comment

Working...
                              X