Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone staying in line for the iphone 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone staying in line for the iphone 6?

That time of the year comes again... Apple will launch the new iphone, the iphone 6 on september 22 i think, is anyone here staying in line to buy one in the launch day?
    I want one in the launch day

not sure if i would use the iphone again.I have iphone5 and might be switching to samsung.
    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

Samsung seem to have the lead atm. Personally I'm not a fan of the bigger walled garden that is apple. Not that android is much better
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Had an iPhone 5 until it turned itself off and went bust for getting to hot. Went to Apply who said the main board is fried and they want me to pay £200 for a fix on it when its been broken through the tech not being up to scratch and through no fault of my own. No drops or scratches and lived its life in a case.

Also had to get rid of my super fast mac in order to be able to use the phone too as the latest version of iTunes would not be supported on the OS that my mac was using and my mac wouldnt allow the latest version to be loaded onto it.... Therefore I think that having been screwed out of tech I percieved as being decent twice by Apple I am looking elsewhere for my next phone.... Anything other than an Apple product. If it werent for the fact I have an ipad and ipod rigged into the car and van I would be off of iTunes too due to the very nature of the link with Apple (Same company in reality???)

Comment

iTunes is Apple's media library/device management software...

Comment

I have an iPhone4, wont be going down the apple road again.
            Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Apple are cuñts, plain & simple.
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

After Android I'm quite happy with my 4S. Android took a lot of nerves from me actually.

Comment

I think they are great, but overpriced. Their OS is best polished OS. Hardware is also well done(maybe battery is minus). Yes, there are some security flaws and other, but they also exists on Android. When you compare it to some android flagships they lack some features. I had 3gs, 4s, 5. And if they blow it now with new iphone6 I am going to some android. But I think they will make it wannabe device with some cool features. The things I need is sapphire mixture glass, which is more scratch resistent than gorilla, better camera than on 5s (maybe optical stabilisation which is hard to believe it will happen), barometer (usefull feature when going in mountains), better battery (hard to achieve considering new sensors and bigger screen) and bigger screen (that is an area they are missing for long period of time).

And no, I am not kind of person waiting in line for it. I'll wait for few months and bought it from someone without contract (it is bigger initial investment but more cheaper on long period)

Comment

I'm the same with phones, buy it sim free so I'm not tied in. Did anyone see BBC the men who make you spend. It had an interesting section on how manufactures are building obsolescence into products , apple being a great example with batteries. Apple is good from the point of view that it tries to be helpful and just do stuff for you and not bore you with the detail and gives I names for technical sounding items that may put people off. But I find that annoying slot of the time. With the Mac get it setup using Linux mint or Ubuntu instead as Mac is Unix like underneath anyway
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I like iphones because they are premium quality phones.
                      I also had Samsung S4 and S5 but they are cheap plastic. I hate poor quality stuff.
                      I can say an iphone 5S it's like a RS4 and a Samsung S5 is like a Mitsubishi Evo. They both do the job but in a RS4 you can feel the "premium".

About operating systems... I don't care. I like both Android and iOS the same.

Comment

Phones are a personal taste none are better than the other they all have selling points, I like my iphones and wont be swapping anytime soon mainly because of the operating system. Andriod to me is in constant "beta" state to the point might as well list it as freeware

Comment

No way, company bought my phone for me (Iphone 5) but it freezes ocasionally and switches itself off sometimes as well. Not to mention phone conversations sometimes don't work well.

Although that could also be caused by people that call me every other minute, gets crazy sometimes so can't blame the phone

A phone is a phone, if it were for me I'd still have my 5 year old LG
                          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                            Did anyone see BBC the men who make you spend. It had an interesting section on how manufactures are building obsolescence into products , apple being a great example with batteries.
                            Yes, i did, excellent program very informative to anyone who watched!!
                            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                            96 URS6 plus speck estate
                            94 2.6 80 Avant
                            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post

A phone is a phone, if it were for me I'd still have my 5 year old LG
                              Yeah i would still be using my Nokia 6500 slide, metal construction, nice weight and... er... is a phone! Cameras have improved massively so the newer models are warranted for most people.
                              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                              96 URS6 plus speck estate
                              94 2.6 80 Avant
                              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Working...
                              X