Chris harris not a fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris harris not a fan

So Harris isn't a fan of the S2 by the sounds of it.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=173&i=30740

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
    So Harris isn't a fan of the S2 by the sounds of it.
    Maybe not but he does like "quattro" cars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRyS9_QYskk
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

He doesn't really qualify why either
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Cos he only has time for n/a rwd motors, as with all other cookie cutter performance motoring journos
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
          He doesn't really qualify why either
          I couldn't find Chris Harris's age but I am guessing he was maybe 10 years old in 1990 when the first S2s came out and therefore would not have driven a new one. He might have formed his opinion based on the S2 vs Urquattro magazine articles of the day.

Comment

I think the whole motoring journalist thing is very interesting.

Firstly lets be honest, in terms of getting from A to B most cars from the mid 90's to the present day are very reasonable things. Granted some do it better then others but in general all will take you down a motroway in the rain at 70 with the radio and heater on.

Secondly of course they must be very careful what they say. We all know that those that say ill of Ferrari are quickly removed from the press day invitation list. Even Prost was sacked when he said the car was rubbish.

As such being critical of older cars is much easier, so long as you don't pick the muge ones like the mini or original quattro.

I think it was more of a flipant comment but still seemed a shame as love mine

Comment

I suspect he grew up on a diet of 1990's Performance Car magazine, and everything written in that as being the gospel truth. The S2 was slated by the early 90's journos, just 'because it wasn't a Ur'. The fact its manufacturer probably didn't intend it to be, appears to have been long forgotten.
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

He's mentioned it indirectly in other videos, he doesn't like the understeering handling of the early S and RS cars even the B5 RS4 he had a go at in that regards.

Progress was made with the B7 RS4 which he loves, que Pixsaudisex2

Remember they review cars in stock form, and the S2 without the arb upgrades doesn't handle, the beauty is in the engine however.

Comment

Hmmm, I disagree that the S2 doesn't handle in standard form. Mine is on stock springs, Bilsteins and std anti roll bars. If you corner slow in, fast out it feels great. Of course if you go barrelling into a corner the weight and position of the engine washes the front out. But anything past the apex can be met with full throttle in any gear and often with a hint of oversteer! The rest of the car is a joy as we all know. They are built to last, refined and styled in a timeless shape. That said, I have never owned a BMW or a Porsche so maybe I don't know what I am missing!
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamo View Post
                    He's mentioned it indirectly in other videos, he doesn't like the understeering handling of the early S and RS cars even the B5 RS4 he had a go at in that regards.

Progress was made with the B7 RS4 which he loves, que Pixsaudisex2

Remember they review cars in stock form, and the S2 without the arb upgrades doesn't handle, the beauty is in the engine however.
                    What ARB upgrades?

Comment

What ARB upgrades?
                      ARB = Anti-Roll Bar

often RARB as in Rear Anti-Roll Bar

(IF that was the question).

IF not, for a C4, the options for non-1BE sport suspensions is the Apikol RARB. They might have something for the B3 and B4, not sure.

http://www.apikol.com/index.php/urs4...y-bar-kit.html

Last edited by UrS4boy; 28 August 2014, 20:45.

Comment

What ARB upgrades?
                        Whiteline on the rear is a good start.

Comment

Chris harris

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???? ???????
                          sigpic
                          "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                          BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                          1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                          2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
                            ARB = Anti-Roll Bar

often RARB as in Rear Anti-Roll Bar

(IF that was the question).

IF not, for a C4, the options for non-1BE sport suspensions is the Apikol RARB. They might have something for the B3 and B4, not sure.

http://www.apikol.com/index.php/urs4...y-bar-kit.html

ha ha meant more what is the ARB upgrade rather than what is an ARB.

Cheers for the link.

Comment

who's chris harris?

Comment

Working...
                              X