Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to contact eBay directly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to contact eBay directly?

Well, since I have bought an item that does not match the sellers description I would like to open up a case. This item is a car I bought in the US and therefore the time to open up a case has expired before I could collect the car in the Port of Rotterdam. I have collected the car last week and sent the seller an e-mail stating what's wrong with the car and what doesn't match the description. As expected he did not answer my complaint.

I don't have any luck contacting eBay via the customer support because I can not open a case anymore, the item was bought on May 9, 2014.

Any help to get in touch with eBay customer support directly would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

You can call them go to your help menu on first page

Comment

Hmm, I could not find a number I have been able to sent them a message now after selecting ''report seller or something like that'' it would not let me do that when selecting ''received an item that is not as described''.

Comment

I have recently seen Ebay advertise that you now can open a case withing 60 days after receiving the item.
        1995 RS2 on Alcohol (6.8sec 100-200km/h)
        1994 80E Avant
        1986 2L Golf 2 on Alcohol

Comment

Which ebay website did you bid/win Patrick?

Found this on a google search for Netherlands
          +44-700-500-3229
          Cheers mis amigos,
          _Anton

Comment

Originally posted by EspenW View Post
            I have recently seen Ebay advertise that you now can open a case withing 60 days after receiving the item.
            The purchase was more than 60 days ago.

Anton: On ebay.com but I couldn't find a way there to contact ebay directly so did it via ebay.nl now.
            Seems like a strange phonenumber btw as The Netherlands starts with +31

Thanks anyway, I will wait for a reply now from customer support.

Comment

Originally posted by quattrostyle View Post
              The purchase was more than 60 days ago.

Anton: On ebay.com but I couldn't find a way there to contact ebay directly so did it via ebay.nl now.
              Seems like a strange phonenumber btw as The Netherlands starts with +31

Thanks anyway, I will wait for a reply now from customer support.
              Ya you'll have to wait 6 more hours to hear back. Here is the US number 1 (866) 540-3229
              Cheers mis amigos,
              _Anton

Comment

No problem, I got lots to do in the meantime. I'm not actually sitting down and waiting for a reply

Comment

is the car you buy the us quattro 4000 you have mentioned last time
                  what's wrong with the car?
                  audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                  TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                  AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yup, there are quite a few things wrong Nick, but more about that after this case is closed.

Comment

I've had another problem on german ebay
                      I had bought a product and it did not come after a long time so i wrote a email to ebay.de
                      a week later it has arrived,it appeared to have been wrongly shipped
                      I hope your still get an answer
                      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
                      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

I see, in my case the item doesn't match the description nor the pics that were shown on photobucket. I'm not expecting much from the seller to be honest, but we'll see.

Comment

How did you pay?,paypal bank transfer?

If paypal then open a case with paypal. The paypal payment will link to the eBay transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by hmg View Post
                            How did you pay?,paypal bank transfer?

If paypal then open a case with paypal. The paypal payment will link to the eBay transaction.
                            As mentioned above you only get 60 day's to start a case or dispute as they like to call it, which personally I don't think is long enough especially when it's regarding an item such as this that is inherently going to take a long time to arrive.

If you paid by Paypal linked to your credit card then you maybe able to make claim via it's insurance.

Really sorry to hear this deal has turned sour for you man.
                            1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

wasn't there someone on here who knew the seller or lived nearby and knew the car?

Comment

Working...
                              X