Hamilton. Unsportsmanlike ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton. Unsportsmanlike ?

So for those into F1 what did you make of it ? Interested in opinions ...

topic of conversation in the office the other day!

I was firmly in the Hamilton is a spoilt brat who can't lose gracefully and have you ever noticed how nothing is ever his fault?

Others said it was racing and the only way he could win was to do what he did. Fan's want to see racing so they should have raced.

I could kind of see that but when the big cheese from your employer tells you to speed up, you should flipping well speed up! F1, manufacturers publicity and sponsorship revenue is all bigger than a whining Lewis Hamilton's feelings and he needs to do what he is told.

knobber

Comment

I agree i think Hamilton is a fantastic driver but is just a big petulant child
      many congratulation to Rosberg thoroughly deserved for putting up with Mr spoiled brat
      And Moto GP is much better
      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

One simple question If Hamilton was driving soooooo slowly, why didn't Rosberg overtake?

If they crashed and took each other out he would still have won...

Any proper racer would have done the same or worse. Even Toto said much the same (eventually)

Really don't see a problem with it....
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I agree with you both . He is a genuine talent no doubt and will go down as one of the all time greats , but I don't like his attitude to be honest... Iirc he never used to be like this, when he was after his first drive with Mclaren.. He was like the boy next door. ?! Wealth and fame I guess.

But I agree Nico deserves it , think he has held himself very well over the last few years . But think Jackie Stewart did have a point that he didn't like it and said it was unsportsmanlike... A trait of yesteryear perhaps ? Sport has changed over the last 30/40 years with all the money etc...

Comment

Hamilton is a tool but there is also no point racing properly as he would just win at a canter. His tactics were fine in my book and made it far more interesting than him disappearing off into the distance which would just have resulted in yet another boring race.

I guess there is more to a successful racing driver than just his ability to get the car round the track but with all things being equal, Hamilton is on another planet ability wise relative to Rosberg. Reverse the situation and Hamilton would be up Rosbergs **** and overtaking him.

If you wanna talk about stuff that is wrong then the final race should never be on such a ******** track and the sport should not be run by an ageing cretin who changes the goalposts almost always resulting in a worse spectacle. Bring back noisy power units, do away with stupid fuel consumption measurements and create tyres that allow drivers to reach the limits of the cars. Lets see these guys sweat it out for their millions rather than argue about a guy backing up another guy (which rightly or wrongly was annoyingly one of the more exciting parts of the season)

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
              One simple question If Hamilton was driving soooooo slowly, why didn't Rosberg overtake?

If they crashed and took each other out he would still have won...

Any proper racer would have done the same or worse. Even Toto said much the same (eventually)

Really don't see a problem with it....
              Yep this is the flip side .. 9 seconds slower on final laps Hamilton than his pole lap... But as you say any real racer after his 1st world title would have hammered it.but then it's a team thing I guess,

Comment

Originally posted by Cottis View Post
                Hamilton is a tool but there is also no point racing properly as he would just win at a canter. His tactics were fine in my book and made it far more interesting than him disappearing off into the distance which would just have resulted in yet another boring race.

I guess there is more to a successful racing driver than just his ability to get the car round the track but with all things being equal, Hamilton is on another planet ability wise relative to Rosberg. Reverse the situation and Hamilton would be up Rosbergs **** and overtaking him.

If you wanna talk about stuff that is wrong then the final race should never be on such a ******** track and the sport should not be run by an ageing cretin who changes the goalposts almost always resulting in a worse spectacle. Bring back noisy power units, do away with stupid fuel consumption measurements and create tyres that allow drivers to reach the limits of the cars. Lets see these guys sweat it out for their millions rather than argue about a guy backing up another guy (which rightly or wrongly was annoyingly one of the more exciting parts of the season)
                Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by vonbeck View Post
                  I agree i think Hamilton is a fantastic driver but is just a big petulant child
                  many congratulation to Rosberg thoroughly deserved for putting up with Mr spoiled brat
                  And Moto GP is much better

Lewis is a selfish, spoilt brat who drinks in his own hype. No-one wants to be team mates with him.

Verstappen was the driver of the season for me.

Jenson was hilarious on the BBC coverage. Clearly had a few after his early finish
                  He is my favorite character, a shame he is retiring but I hope he ends up doing commentary in the future
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

As a racer I have absolute admiration for Hamilton, as a person I think he's an absolute knob

One other thought before I zip my mouth ... Mercedes got what tgey wanted - a German world champion their German car...

They had already won the constructors and drivers championships regardless of the result, so why were they so keen to keep Rosberg ahead of Hamilton?

Personally, I really don't think Rosberg deserved it. Maybe I'm in the minority...? He had fewer wins and fewer poles, but (agreed) he was consistent... Hamilton had way more mechanical issues than Rosberg This is the only reason Rosberg didn't finish second...

I'll get my coat...
                    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post

Lewis is a selfish, spoilt brat who drinks in his own hype. No-one wants to be team mates with him.

Verstappen was the driver of the season for me.

Jenson was hilarious on the BBC coverage. Clearly had a few after his early finish
                      He is my favorite character, a shame he is retiring but I hope he ends up doing commentary in the future
                      Yep . Verstappen race before was unbelievable .- Senna-esk if you will .. He'd be untouchable in a merc .. And deffo give Lewis something to think about!

Comment

and is a polite, quiet, humble chap to boot
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

He was doing the only 2 things he knows: racing and trying to win. No point in winning the race by a mile and thinking what if...

He's someone who is becoming more divisive as his exploites outside the track grow and his sound bites become more awkward. Whatever, he's a cracking driver and fireworks are never far away.

Rosberg... meh... Consistent, rarely exciting and many times clumsy when it comes to the high pressure situations. Seems like a nice guy when he relaxes but Ricciardo and Verstappen are far more talented. Next year may be very different if the domination of the last 3 years shifts to another team or things even out.
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                            As a racer I have absolute admiration for him, as a person I think he's an absolute knob

One other thought before I zip my mouth ... Mercedes got what tgey wanted - a German world champion their German car...

They had already won the constructors and drivers championships regardless of the result, so why were they so keen to keep Rosberg ahead of Hamilton?

Personally, I really don't think Rosberg deserved it. Maybe I'm in the minority...? He had fewer wins and fewer poles, but (agreed) he was consistent... Hamilton had way more mechanical issues than Rosberg This is the only reason Rosberg didn't finish second...

I'll get my coat...
                            Nope, I agree with all of the above ...

Comment

Think in the current climate F1 really needs to look at itself with poor attendance at circuits and overall poor PR of recent times , they need to keep the excitement in F1 for sure and as said above, ditch boring tactics and team related decisions and let drivers race .

Comment

Working...
                              X