Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi Folks

Joined the mad hatters club after buying an S2 from Ebay. Car is N14 DAC. White with the Audi sport decals which are not supposed to on this car but look OK.
    Had the car transported north to Perth in Scotland and loaded her on to my trailer for the final trip up to Inverness.
    So not sure how she drives but sounds healthy enough. Always wanted one and didn't pay over the odds for this one.
    Has the usual problem of the fan flattening the battery so on the lookout for the 324 relay which will fix this. Would appreciate any contacts who can supply one. Will upload some pictures soon but you will have already seen her several times on Ebay.
    If anyone out there knows this car, I would appreciate some comments whether they be good or bad. I have thick skin!
    I am working away at the moment but will get in about the beast when I get home.
    First thing I am going to do is drop the coolant as it looks a bit dirty and give her a flush and nice new Audi antifreeze. Car will be of the road for the winter so I can check the underbody protection

Cheers for now

Nice first post.

"Welcome".

Consider painting" used oil on the fuel lines underneath the car if they aren't so bad already they need to be replaced.

Change the engine oil and filter, ( also gearbox and diff oil ).

Check the fuel filter is not the original and needs replacing.

Flush the brake fluid.

Verify what age and mileage is on your timing belt. Order a new lower pulley and have it in stock.

Read these links, but you probably already have see these as you been here since May 2015.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63388

Photos will help others determine if they 'know' the car.

Last edited by macspring; 1 December 2016, 18:00.

Comment

Welcome.

Have a look here for a repair on the after-run pump relay:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ighlight=diode
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Howdy

I recall seeing this one on e-bay......what's your plans with the decals?

Congratulations on not paying over the odds.

Looking forward to pictures.

John.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, nice to hear it's going to a good home.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

to the forum,looking forward to the pics.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Welcome as mentioned it will be interesting to hear your plans and am pleased it's gone to a good home as it has been up for sale a few times. Look forward to your photos

Comment

Welcome on board. Lots of help on here. You'll never regret buying it.
                1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

put a wanted add up for the relay sure someone will have one if not Audibits2 on eBay will

Comment

Welcome to the crazy gang. Little do you know but you've made the single best decision in your S2 ownership by signing up here

Comment

Hi and welcome. I'm just along at Lossiemouth, if you need moral support in S2 ownership- get in touch

Comment

Forgot to add to be on your guard for water ingress issues into the interior.

Plenty of threads on here for reference / information.

Comment

Welcome. For pre-emptive maintenance, etc. don't miss these:

December 2016 Montly Reminder

Pay particular attention to No.2 if you have a C4 UrS. Rain kills ECUs

1. Are your spark plugs tight?

2. C4 Cowl Drain Cleaning to prevent ECU flooding during rains

3. Things that will fail on your AAN (or ABY or ADU) and strand you on the side of the road

4. Potential reasons why your AAN (or ABY or ADU) isn't starting

5. Engine Bay Device Map (the long manual version with links to ECU info, etc)

5a. Engine Bay Device Map (the LIVE version - just click on the labels)

6. The UrS Systems and Chassis Map (the long manual version with links)

6a. The UrS Systems and Chassis Map (the LIVE version - just click on the labels)

7. The advanced search here at the S2 Forum (remember to select "Any date" not the default 6 months)

8. ABY/ADU ECU pin-out and AAN ECU pin-out

9. AAN Boost-leak testing hints

10: ABY/ADU Boost-leak testing hints

11. The quattroworld C4 UrS forum AAN-based FAQ

From the 2016 Management at STFA

Hope your UrS (S2, UrS4/S6, RS2) is dry and running well. [/QUOTE]
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to some photos
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Thank you

WOW

What a warm welcome. Having owned many Audi's, I hope the S2 will give good service which I have been used to throughout the years, We also have a nice Alpine White Audi Coupe GT which we recently freshened up this year with a respray. The bodywork is in really good condition as was the paintwork. However, she was several shades of white from her previous owner who struggled to get the match correct. She is a 1987 model, 2.2 with 4 speed automatic gearbox. This does not suit everyone but the gearchange is supersmooth for an old car and really suits the power from the 5 cylinder engine.

Regarding the S2, not sure whether or not to remove the decals. If they have been on for a while, there may be an issue with paint fade. For those who saw her on Ebay, the decals really suit the car but I like all things original so will have to have a good think about it and decide what to do. Will keep the car off the road for the winter and being lucky to have a big garage, will inspect the car especially underneath as recommended by my new friends on the forum and take any action required. Pictures to follow when I get home from offshore. I will have to read through all the documentation and see if she is due a timing belt but will give her a really good service while in storage.

Cheers for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X