Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary custodian of an 1993 S2 ABY

Hello all,

I could really use your help in getting this car sold and working out a fair price.
    The owner has cancer and I'm selling on his behalf, so would like to put a smile back on his face as he would love to keep it but its not practical for him anymore.
    120k on the clock. MOT booked in for Monday, so will have 12 months.
    Its been garaged most of its life, only 3 owners. I've run it up and down the road and it starts no problems ad sounds amazing. Obviously this is not concourse but its been driven frequently which has kept it in good shape IMHO.
    Car is in Cheshire, near Manchester Airport, for those interested.

I will try to provide more detail but thoughts?
    Attached Files

An early ABY and looks to be very original. Should fetch good money. Hard to say what's fair money in the current market. The only cars for sale are priced high, but they're not selling quickly or at all. Good luck selling it for the owner.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Will you give me price for that?

Comment

You're about 30 miles from me (I'm in Stone, Staffs)
        If you want to bring it down we can have a look over it & should be able to come up with a realistic value
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

got to be worth a decent amount, bit rarer in red as well. Not that bad milage and original.

Comment

I'm in wilmslow. I can't give any help with valuing but happy to go and look and report back. I have a 1990 coupe quattro 20v not an S2.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Comment

If you could contact me on 07541791 588 about the s2, thanks.
              Last edited by AquaS2; 7 May 2017, 19:25.
              F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
              1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Thanks for responses.

@ Error - sounds helpful, can you ping me your number?
                @Stick - that would be great too, the car is off for its MOT this morning, so this week looks good.
                @kris - not yet, its why I came here first before doing an auction.
                @aqua - will do

Thanks all

Comment

Just to start the ball rolling I reckon from £6,000 to £9,000 sounds aboot right we see them at great prices at the moment but how many actualy sell

Comment

Not wanting to put a damper on things but does it really matter if the car is going to be auctioned?
                    It'll find it's own price, be that 99p or £99k.

Comment

be mad to put it on an auction to be honest...get a decent valuation and then put a well formed advert with some decent pictures and it will sell itself.

Looks to be in 'honest' condition for the age and miles and the red is still red so all positives to me. SHould be easy to find a lever for the drivers seat too btw...

Good luck with the sale in what are obvious not the best circumstances so hopefully you get the money and he gets some good news on that side too.
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

It'll do well in auction if this is anything to go by
                        Anyone know the car?
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272663078105

Comment

Originally posted by bluequattro View Post
                          It'll do well in auction if this is anything to go by
                          Anyone know the car?
                          https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272663078105
                          Thats 310k miles... impressive stuff, sure it must have been well serviced...

Comment

Not red and not in Cheshire,. I don't think it's the same car. Also nearly10 times the mileage of my CQ20v!

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Right chaps, the car now has 12 months MOT and fixed a few niggles at the same time.
                              Starting the bidding at £4k, feel free to contact me directly if you wish to view and bid.
                              Thanks for all the help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Rare...kAAOSwlY1ZHwfN

Comment

Working...
                              X