Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc brake woble with zimmermann

Hello
    Any of you had problems with zimmermann disc ?
    Im running 345x32 ml 55 disc in front with 17z kaliber
    They brake very Well But If used hard once from fx 180 to 60 km/t they start to Shake alot
    Normal deiving there is nothing
    Os zimmermann just **** ?

As you know new discs and pads need to be bedded in when initially fitted so the we usually preform a series of stops in the car from 70 mph down to zero. A common school boy error is to NOT immediately take your foot off the brake pedal when you come to a halt and start to move again. If you come to a halt and sit for a time with your foot on the brake pedal the hot pads are held tight in contact with that area of the nice new disc and can cause a slight warping of the new disc. So it's just possible that something like this happened so the fault is there from day one.
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

It Then it should be there all the time not just when you push them from High km/t to low
      Its like its get Worse If i brake gently gently and Then hard If that make Any sense

Comment

4WDrifter

I'd also be questioning if the matting surface on the hub was clean and free from dirt/corrosion before the new disc was fitted?

Comment

Ofc it was

Comment

Zimmermann is bad quality, I had only problems after hard driving with cars equipped with them.

Comment

what brand to go for ? bremboes?

Comment

I think a well know oem brand like Brembo, ATE, Ferodo will be a good value for money and will do the job,
                But nonetheless its important to bed in the brakes properly.

Comment

thx Think Im gonna try ate or brembo insteador Maybe some oe Mercedes

Comment

Strange, I've had no issue with Zimmermann's whatsoever. I've been installing them with Ferodo pads on all of my cars.

Comment

Originally posted by RichLV View Post
                      Strange, I've had no issue with Zimmermann's whatsoever. I've been installing them with Ferodo pads on all of my cars.
                      Same as above. We install them on customer's cars as well with no issue. We also make a point to clean off the surfaces where the hub & rotor meet whenever we have the rotors off.
                      Look for "shadows" in the shape of the part of the brake pad that contacts the rotor, imprinted on the rotor surfaces. These markings usually indicate that a very hot brake pad has sat against the rotor for an extended time. This could indicate a high spot on the rotor surface that is virtually undetectable. Other than the wheel shaking on hard brake application.
                      Check your front suspension for play in the joints & bushings to rule that out as well.
                      HTH, Chris
                      "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Its funny had Them off today cleaned all the coating off Them Allso
                        Noticed that the inside og the rotor was alot smaller than the out side. Its like the rotor is same wide on the outside pas surface than on the inside ? Odd?

Comment

i've been using zimmermanns several times and i found they're very good for the price tag.
                          I had once the problem stated by s2dk with a set of new discs my mechanic suggested to chick in the bin the pads even if they were new (REMSA) and put a new set on (Brembo) and the problem simply disappeared.
                          http://www.audisportclub.com/

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/vbgoogl...227295&zoom=16

Comment

Im running ferodo pads
                            Im just wondering Why are the disc thinner on one side than the other

Comment

How old are the rotors? Is your caliper working as it should? Both sides are braking evenly? Have you bled both parts of the caliper?

Comment

Working...
                              X