7a Stroker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7a Stroker.

Finally getting around to doing a 2.6 NA 7a stroker using a 221.35 block and diesel 95.5 crank with golf 2.0 16v pistons. Everything else is standard 7a. My question is what's a good compression ratio to have? Standard 7a is 10.4:1 I think?

This site is sure to be known by any 7A enthusiast, but still...
    Especially interesting info about the CR: http://www.20v-sauger-tuning.de/verdichtung.htm

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
      This site is sure to be known by any 7A enthusiast, but still...
      Especially interesting info about the CR: http://www.20v-sauger-tuning.de/verdichtung.htm
      Very interesting about the CR only being 9.6:1, quite low for NA. I see CR is about 10.8:1 for the 2.5 strokers which is more like it. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Be interested in more details on this engine

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
          Be interested in more details on this engine
          Forgot to mention this engine is going to be for my T25 van. So not interested in revving it to the moon but more for its torque

Comment

Interesting mods... I might do the same to my 7A later on, for now bag of snakes manifold, ITB`s polished and ported head with cams will have to do..

Look forward to seeing the results

Comment

Originally posted by andrewcoupe View Post
              Interesting mods... I might do the same to my 7A later on, for now bag of snakes manifold, ITB`s polished and ported head with cams will have to do..

Look forward to seeing the results
              Which engine do you have, the early or later one? I got the later one so will lose the cast ex mani and fit bag of snakes which is a work of art.
              Yours should be a rev master unlike the 2.6 which will lose some of its top end. Hoping the power band will move down the rev range, once done will dyno it. 190-200 hp and 240-250nm would be nice!

Comment

Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
                Which engine do you have, the early or later one? I got the later one so will lose the cast ex mani and fit bag of snakes which is a work of art.
                Yours should be a rev master unlike the 2.6 which will lose some of its top end. Hoping the power band will move down the rev range, once done will dyno it. 190-200 hp and 240-250nm would be nice!

Mine had a cast manifold, but imported a bag of snakes for it. I`m hoping to start it up for the first time in the next month. looking forward to hearing it.

Comment

Mine had a cast manifold, but imported a bag of snakes for it. I`m hoping to start it up for the first time in the next month. looking forward to hearing it.
                  Whereabouts are you?

Comment

Originally posted by SA BOY View Post
                    Whereabouts are you?
                    East London, South Africa (Slummies)

Comment

East London, South Africa (Slummies)
                      Port Alfred for many years, small world hey, now in the UK. Let me know if you need anything, spares wise as we still come over for hols etc. Get yourself a Kombi 2.5 92.8 crank and do a proper stroker

Comment

Quick update, picked up cylinder head after having new exhaust valve guides fitted, inlets OK. Valve seats done as well. Now also have new standard Golf 6a/9a pistons and rings. Must get some pics done.

Comment

How is it going with your stroker project??

My 7A turned out to actually be a 1944cc NM engine.

long story short, my vernier pulley broke and destroyed my 20v ported head and 1 piston.

I`ve since got my hands on a 7A crank and block and a 2.6 Caravelle ADV block and crank - 95.5 stroke.

Busy deciding on which way to go. Fortunately I had a spare 20v head.

Cheers

Comment

It depends on what you are looking for? if you want revs stay 7a if you want good low and excellent midrange torque but less top end then go the 2.6 route. I'am very happy with the 2.6 conversion which is well suited to my old SA Kombi.

Comment

NA 10.5-11.5, Turbocharged anything from 7.5 to 9.5 depending on spec and goals.

I have a led on some N/A 2.5/6 petrol T4 blocks, haven't chased them but I know could get them with a bit of leg work.

Got a 2.3 NG block sat doing nothing.
                              Last edited by K Simmonds; 27 September 2016, 23:41.
                              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X