Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relay for a/c compressor

hi guys,
    i'm asking why someone in the past has inserted a switch relay before the a/c compressor in my s2 3b..some pics:
    IMG_3890.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

IMG_3892.jpg

the wire used like signal in relay is the 52
    aircon wire.jpg

some ideas?

Originally posted by ziopinulo View Post
    hi guys, i'm asking why someone in the past has inserted a switch relay before the a/c compressor in my s2 3b..some pics: the wire used like signal in relay is the 52. some ideas?
    That "52" connection is only to control the electric clutch that starts the compressor turning when A/C is requested. So low load (in theory). Therefore, no apparent need for a relay.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

hi urs, thank you for your time!
      i will try to connect directly the clutch. maybe it has been added to some malfunction? but I do not understand it..

Comment

i've get off the compressor, adjusted the air gap of the clutch (it was too hi, for the nippondenso it must be between 0,014" and 0,026") and now the clutch is working.
        i measured the power consumption of the compressor clutch, it is 3.8A, can someone check this?
        now i want to check if the compressor is engaged by the climate control. i've the old electronic one. i cant start the engine because missing some parts at the moment, if i put auto mode and Lo temp the radiator fan kick in but not engage the compressor. i've tried to short the low and the high pressure switches and disconnected the multifuzzy but 0Volts on the clutch connector...

Comment

maybe with the engine off, the compressor will not start?
          but the fan comes on ...

Comment

The ECU will send a signal to disengage the AC clutch on full throttle, I imagine perhaps it might disengage the clutch on low RPM, as anti-stall measure?
            Have you tried to unplug the T5 ECU connector from the climate harness?
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

ok thanks!
              my compressor clutch is now working. there was a bad connection of the clutch wire.
              Now if someone very kind can measure the power consumption of the compressor clutch, I would be quieter...

Comment

Hi ziopinulo,
                i wish i could help you with compressor, but no A/C is launched yet on my car.

I wanted to ask your help, seing you have 3B S2 and you are familiar with electrics. Could you look into this by chance?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73603

Comment

Originally posted by _ShurikeN View Post
                  Hi ziopinulo,
                  i wish i could help you with compressor, but no A/C is launched yet on my car.

I wanted to ask your help, seing you have 3B S2 and you are familiar with electrics. Could you look into this by chance?

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73603
                  hi Shuriken. what do you want to know about fan resistor?

Comment

hi Shuriken. what do you want to know about fan resistor?
                    Resistance figures. How much Ohms it is.

Comment

now i want to check if the compressor is engaged by the climate control. i've the old electronic one. i cant start the engine because missing some parts at the moment, if i put auto mode and Lo temp the radiator fan kick in but not engage the compressor. i've tried to short the low and the high pressure switches and disconnected the multifuzzy but 0Volts on the clutch connector...
                      If the pressure of the R12 or R134a in your A/C system is too low, the low (A/C) pressure switch will tell the climate control that and the climate control will NOT engage the A/C compressor clutch. No point.

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

He said he bridged the switches - only low pressure switch should be "active" to simulate appropriate system pressure.
                        Not sure whether the switches are closed or open during normal operation.
                        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                        X