Audi 100 S4 rear hub to S2 hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 100 S4 rear hub to S2 hub

Well i have parting out one of my 100S4 & wanna custom the rear hub to do a S2 Hub for my GTQ 5x112 project (front with 82mm carrier hub).

here's my S4 hub, Am I right if i put off 5mm on the yellow arrow ? but do i need to do the same on the green arrow ?

i guess when if i'm looking well on this pics (not mine)

thanks for your help ;-)

tof
    sigpic

You don't need this hub. Get non-s 100/A6 (4A) quattro rear hub if you need exact S2-hub height.

Arrows: leave green one alone, yellow is enough since ~~3mm, the more - the better (lightening )

... in case you want strictly S2 hub height and you are sticked to these S-hubs only, it is possible to assemble everything with a 4-mm spacer between hump in hubcarrier and bearing: it will raise bearing 4mm higher in the carrier when pressed into. In this case no hub machining needed.
    Last edited by _ShurikeN; 28 September 2016, 10:52.

Comment

Thanks pal for all this info

well i dont understand why i saw so many people who convert their URs4/S6 hub if we can take a 2.8 Quattro for example

my configuration will be on my GTQ 85 with genuine gearbox 5 speeds :

Front strut complete with girling 60 from Audi coupe B4 V6 2.8
      Front S2 Driveshaft
      Front control arm V6 AAH specific

for the moment i'll keep the girling 60 brake but probable i'll go on Brembo/porsche big red in the future, or ZL/ZR17 Brembo Q7
      So the hub must be compatible

Thanks again for your help
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Macchris View Post
        well i dont understand why i saw so many people who convert their URs4/S6 hub if we can take a 2.8 Quattro for example
        Neither me, but... here in my country it turns out to be that 4A 2.8Quattro rear hub are equal difficulty to buy compared to UrS-hub. Not much easier to find.

for the moment i'll keep the girling 60 brake
        Bolt-on S2 brake disc with 4A 2.8Quattro rear hub.

ZL/ZR17 Brembo Q7
        Front URS4 UFO hub can be on hand with this setup: suitable center hole for Mercedes-Benz 330mm brake disc.
        Don't throw away UFO hubs if you have them on your UrS4.

Comment

thanks for all this info buddy

i have found a set of 2.8 Quattro hub for 150 euros shipped, a bit expensive, i found another pair but the guy wanna to see the whole car (for parts) gone lol

i have HP2 on the S4 parting out (i keep this to put on my S4 with UFO) and my other S4 for parts has UFO too. and i never throw anything on my cars for parts usually ;-) apart the body itself
          sigpic

Comment

http://vagparts.2am.fi/index.php?pag...arts&sort=type
            I discovered that site a while ago. It has lots of info on wheel hubs & other parts, including measurements.
            Certainly worth a look if you're modifying hubs.

Comment

Confirmed about front hubs on 5x112 pattern. Non S C4 quattro rear hubs with a little bit machineing and exact replica of S2 front hub.
              I still owe you couple of beers of all the info about brakes and hubs Shuriken!
              1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
              *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
              1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Certainly worth a look if you're modifying hubs.
                Yes great link ! thanks

Non S C4 quattro rear hubs with a little bit machineing and exact replica of S2 front hub.
                little bit machining ? like the pictures i post ?

I still owe you couple of beers of all the info about brakes and hubs Shuriken!
                yes this guy rocks ;-)
                sigpic

Comment

Machined 4A Quattro rear hub from the left, 80/Coupe V6 4x108 from the right.

Attached Files

Comment

again, thanks !
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X