Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruby Red S2 Coupe for sale

Good morning guys,

Its been a long time coming but, I’ve decided to sell my S2 as I simply don’t have the time I would like to spend on her any more due to family commitments.
    There’s been a few jobs that I’ve bought parts for but other than emergency repairs that need to be done, I don’t have time to work on her now. 
    Mechanically it hasn’t wanted for anything in my ownership, but there is a few outstanding issues to be addressed nonetheless.

Anyway I’ll cut to the chase with the details:

1995 Audi S2 (ABY) in Ruby Red
    Just over 154k miles (14k miles in my ownership over the past +2 years). You can take the oil filler cap off when the engine is cold and there’s virtually no blow-by, none whatsoever when hot and doesn’t use any oil! Always run on Millers 10/50w fully synthetic and changed every 6k miles (max) by myself. Oil pressure when cold +5 bar and 3.5-4 bar @ 2000rpm when hot.
    Black leather interior with is in excellent condition with no worn areas, sagging or damage.
    Steering wheel and gear knob both in excellent condition.
    Cruise control.
    NO cracking/peeling clocks.
    Trip computer works perfectly in all modes with no LCD screen bleeding, ditto for outside temperature gauge.
    Electric opening rear quarter windows.
    Glass sunroof.
    ‘Parrott’ hands free kit installed.
    Pioneer head unit with USB port.
    Standard 16” wheels in very good condition. They were refurbed a number of years ago by a previous owner and still look good.
    TFSI coil conversion with one of Alex’s harness’s. (still have original cover with coils in it, albeit with one dicky coil)
    Modified standard airbox with 4” entry tube (actually makes a big difference!)
    I haven’t pulled the ECU out but I’m certain its been homefried
    New parts fitted in my ownership include coolant expansion tank, after run pump, replaced all PAS/Bomb hoses (NO leaks), oil pressure switch, oil temp/pressure sender, PCV bleeder valve, black series front wishbone bushes, front Bilstein shockers, Mark-H intercooler mod, gearstick bush/support thingy at bottom of stick (now NLA?), clutch master cylinder.
    The timing belt was changed along with a major service when I first bought the car 14k miles / 2-1/2 years ago, along with the crank toothed pulley and water pump.
    Note that this Coupe is one of the few that has absolutely NO water ingress in the cabin at all!
    I got the rear brakes completely overhauled at its MOT a few months ago with new calipers, discs, pads and handbrake cables. It actually has a very good handbrake!

Unfortunately there is inevitably some bad points 

The bonnet desperately needs painted. Its solid with no dents, just very scabby looking (see pic)
    Lacquer peel on NSR quarter (about 1-1/2” wide strip along the top edge)
    Front wings starting to bubble on arches…although I have a set of very good ones to replace them with
    NS door centre plastic strip could do with repainting as the paint is chipped
    OS door lower rubber was changed 18 months ago and has torn already! Not impressed by this at all, thanks Audi!
    The metal frame of the sunroof is starting to look rusty in places BUT I have a very good replacement waiting to go on if needed. In saying that, its never leaked any water and still functions perfectly for both slide & tilt.
    Rear screen washer doesn’t work. I think it’s the pump itself though.
    The rubber seal/grommet things at the back end of the doors need to be replaced…I bought a full set from AT so have the parts needed to sort this too.
    I also have a replacement number plate surround for the rear end as mine has a couple of hairline cracks in it and has let a little water in. Its hardly noticeable though. (see pic)
    The car has air conditioning fitted and there is evidence that quite a bit of money was spent on this in the past…but it doesn’t work. I got it leak checked by Kwik Fit and there is a 2mm long crack next to and underneath the large AC pipe fitting on the LH side of the engine bay. Sorting that crack might fix it…it might not!? I live in Scotland so A/C isn’t something I usually need!
    There’s a couple of bulbs that could be done with changing behind the clocks. You can still see everything though.
    The heated seats don’t work on either side. I don’t like heated seats so its never bothered me but just saying. There’s a wiring schematic in the (large) folder I have for the car so somebody in the past has tried to trouble shoot them…appears to be a broken circuit inside the elements 
    There was an advisory on the last MOT about the front tyres shoulders getting bald so there’s a new set of front tyres to go on too. I will try to get these fitted before collection. There was also an advisory about the front discs being a bit worn but there’s a new set of (standard) discs and pads included. It currently has drilled/grooved discs and redstuff pads fitted and they’re still cr@p!

So all in all it’s a very solid car that’s been looked after and runs as it should. It needs a bit of body work and a few hours labour spent on it fitting all the spares I’ve accrued. There isn’t anything scary or expensive lurking and I’ve tried to be honest (ie picky) about everything above, good and bad.
    Seeing the H reg Pearl white one sell very recently for £6k I think if asked for £5650 OVNO I wouldn’t be being too cheeky; obviously all spares mentioned above included in price (probably +£500 in spares alone).

I haven't advertised it elsewhere yet as I would rather she went to another forum member if possible. In saying that though if it hasn't sold within a week it'll be going on t'interweb.

There's a few pictures below that I quickly snapped this morning...I will post more up though.

Anyone interested please fire me a PM to discuss further.

cheers,

mike

IMG_20160928_080025505_HDR.jpg IMG_20160928_080038517.jpg IMG_20160928_080057001.jpg

Bargain there for someone with the time to attend to those minor issues
    GLWS
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Very tempting ! Do you have anymore pictures ?
      Thanks
      Gav
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

I don't have any more very recent photo's but will take some more tonight and post up ASAP.
        The interior/colour/wheels haven't changed any so you can have a look at a previous owners photo's here:
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...s+sunroof+sale

Comment

Sent a PM Mike

Thanks

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by luapkram View Post
            Sent a PM Mike

Thanks

Mark
            Are you the infamous Mark who PDI'd the first B3 coupe in Scotland?!

Comment

Absolute bargain for someone GLWS nice Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post
                Are you the infamous Mark who PDI'd the first B3 coupe in Scotland?!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That's me!

Comment

Originally posted by luapkram View Post
                  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That's me!
                  Good luck in your quest! This car looks nice and I'm sure it could be one of the best examples if you were to get it.
                  All the best Mark.

eiznekcamnhoj

Comment

Car now provisionally sold.
                    Thanks to all for the kind words about the car. I'm sure the new owner will be pleased with it

Comment

Working...
                    X