Clutch for 709hp 770Nm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch for 709hp 770Nm?

I'm running a 7a flywheel and Southbend DXD-SS Stage 3 Drag clutch rated at 700Nm. I have used it for 700km at my current power level. I'm now sometimes starting to experience clutch slip when the turbo starts to spool in higher gears.

What are the options for a clutch? I'm really like to stay with a single plate.

The southbend i use has a Sachs pressure plate but i dont know which one. What is the strongest Sachs pressure plate?
    Attached Files
    1360kg/600Whp Avant 0-200km/h 9sec

We have had no problems with SRE + Cerametallic plate at 730nm, with a car that has been going drag racing for 3 seasons (not missing any competitions).

So I can recommend it...
    http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Originally posted by prj View Post
      We have had no problems with SRE + Cerametallic plate at 730nm, with a car that has been going drag racing for 3 seasons (not missing any competitions).

So I can recommend it...
      Thanks! I also have 7000km street kilometers on it. haven't had any problems with it until my gearbox explode. There was oil in the bell housing but not on my clutch. Off course i did clean it out of precaution. It was 100% clean.

Any one knows what Sachs pressure plate is used on the Southbend DXD-SS Stage 3 Drag clutch?

Comment

They must have been fun street kms.

Comment

At 770nm that's a lot of torque. I'm at 700nm on a Sachs sintered 4 puck clutch and it's ok but it's harsh. I really think you need to look at twin plate units especially if you want to up that 770nm figure anymore.

Comment

I have also used a Sachs sintered 4 puck with 1000nm and had no Problem

Comment

If you have such torque why didn't you try the stage 4 or 5 from southbend?

Comment

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                Southbend are ***** I should have bought a better clutch. After not even a year its slipping
                So I would deffo recommended get the best clutch u can in the beginning

Comment

I disagree to that. I have a southbend for 3+years stage 4 and I'm happy with it. However I don't dragrace but I do spirited driving.

Comment

And your power figures are..?

There is a guy in Germany who modify SRE pressure plates to "Monster" spec. Should hold >1000Nm.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

You can drive the single plate on street and may have no problems but you cannot start with them on higher Rmp"s / boost on dragways...
                      This was my problem too.
                      I have changed to Sachs RCS-200 (2 Sinter Disc) no problems at all.
                      [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

I used to have SRE pressure plate with 4 puck metallic plate, but it will slip eventually. It will hold the power for some time.
                        I went with triple plate alcon clutch. I would say pedal hardness is the same or lighter as SRE kit, but the clutch is more on/off. At least now it will hold on every rpm the power.
                        If you like drag racing and you will maybe add some more power, then go with multi plate clutch and forget clutch problems.
                        Audi UrS4 609hp/846Nm @ wheels
                        10.911@210, 1km 268km/h, 1mile 295km/h
                        FATS 2,30 sec

Comment

On / OFF yes I can confirm...
                          [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Has anyone any experience of a multi plate non sintered clutch. I'm thinking if organic disks were used it may be nicer to drive and still hold as much torque as a sre sintered 4 puck single? Would be useful in road cars to have a friendly clutch that holds 750nm easily .

Comment

Thanks all! Lots of options to think about!
                              I like to stay with a single plate clutch but i will consider a 2 disk one now. It also need to stay as streetable as possible . And yes i'm planning on more power

I found this on the Prospeed site: http://www.prospeed.bg/en/product/4857
                              But how streetable is it? Is it still possible do drive the car on a car-trailer without looking like a ????

Originally posted by A80Avant View Post
                              When i was starting my build and ordered the clutch i was planning at running not more than a maxed-out RS2 setup

Originally posted by michaels2s View Post
                              You can drive the single plate on street and may have no problems but you cannot start with them on higher Rmp"s / boost on dragways...
                              This was my problem too.
                              I have changed to Sachs RCS-200 (2 Sinter Disc) no problems at all.
                              Thanks for your input! Do you have more info on the clutch? Where did you get it? How does it drive and did you fit it on a machined 7a flywheel?

Originally posted by rst View Post
                              I used to have SRE pressure plate with 4 puck metallic plate, but it will slip eventually. It will hold the power for some time.
                              I went with triple plate alcon clutch. I would say pedal hardness is the same or lighter as SRE kit, but the clutch is more on/off. At least now it will hold on every rpm the power.
                              If you like drag racing and you will maybe add some more power, then go with multi plate clutch and forget clutch problems.
                              Looks nice! Where did you get your clutch? I assume a tripple plate is even more on/off than a twin plate?

Comment

Working...
                              X