2000 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro sport

Getting round to this a bit late but I am leaving the country in under a month so definitely, most assuredly up for sale is my B5 Avant. Asking price is £1,500. See my thread here

Hibiscus Red, Avus II style alloys (including the spare), MOTed until March 2018, 181,000 miles on the clock USB and DAB stereo installed by me (though I haven't got round to wiring in a DAB aerial), previous owner had the exhaust replaced with a 'straight through' but with the mid-box still present (sounds like the mid-box isn't just a 'dummy' as I would expect it to be a bit louder than this if it genuinely were straight through, but I can't verify the straight throughness) which will pop on down changes in cold, crisp weather.

The bodywork and seats are in suspiciously good condition for a car of so many miles, though I found a small bit of masking tape in Hibiscus Red on the indicator repeater so I think it had a respray at some point. As for the seats I don't know how you get a car through so many miles and have such little wear!

The key low point to mention is one of the wheels had a bad scrape (by me) across the face of the wheel. There are two scratches down the two doors from that incident, but what do you expect for a 17 year old car, and the wheel will be swapped for the untouched spare once sold.

The car is in Leominster, Herefordshire. I will still be able to check PMs and replies to this thread if still unsold by 23rd April when I depart for New Zealand.

Lovely pictures:

This seat has apparently been sat on for over 180,000 miles, I can't quite fathom it to be honest:

Worth mentioning this is the run out model with 180 bhp? Not the usual 150.

GLWS, looks in amazing condition!
    B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
      Worth mentioning this is the run out model with 180 bhp? Not the usual 150.

GLWS, looks in amazing condition!
      Thanks, I assumed all quattro ones sold in Britian/Europe were 180hp? 150hp and quattro seems pointless to me!

Comment

Only the very very last facelift 1.8 Ts had 180 bhp, badged 'quattro Sport', introduced around a 2000 V plate. The white dials are the give away. The only ever B5 A4s to have 17s as standard from the factory (Boleros)

I pinged this in the direction of someone selling a 2015 RS4 on RS246 who mentioned they need something to carry their mountain bikes in the meantime!
        B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Thanks

Comment

1.8tqs

I think your car may be a 180 bhp 1.8t quattro sport but someone has changed the Bolero wheels to S4 B5 ones. You have got all the 1.8tqs bits, white dials, the seats etc.

To confirm you could check the engine code.

Good look with the sale.

Comment

That was me It had capezio alloys from a Passat when I bought it. I knew it is the 180 quattro sport model, just wasn't aware of any quattro B5s with less than 180PS sold over here

Comment

Bump. Just got back from holiday in Ireland - it did the trip to Skibbereen via the Fishguard-Rosslare crossing with no complaints

Comment

its a pity this would have been perfect for me and the dogs but ive to many cars and not enough room as it is lol
                  free bump
                  GLWS
                  ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                  THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

It's only a quick bomb down the M6 and you're there more or less

Comment

I am very tempted!!

Comment

Not that I want to use any pushy car stealership tactics but I'm only in the country until next Sunday After that it'll just be a little trickier and slower organising viewings/test drives etc.

Comment

Bump

I'm back in UK until the end of June and running the car again

Comment

Sold

Comment

Anyone on the forums? I posted this about three times over RS246 and Audi SRS.
                              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Working...
                              X