S2 aby over heating HELP PLZ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 aby over heating HELP PLZ!

Hi guys ... having a major problem with over heating.... I've had a rebuild Iv also replaced the thermostat brand new a brand new radiator as old was very blocked and a new rad fan switch but for some mad reason it's still going about 100 to about 110°c then the fan kicks in but still doesn't seem to get any cooler .... even on the motorway needle doesn't seem to move Iv bled the system (top of the rad,higher the header tank and bled the heater matrix etc) and there seems to be no air in the system so what could it possibly be??? My only guess is (looking at a previous thread) water pump just spinning and not forcing coolant around maybe?? I'm baffled please help guys
    Cheers in advance
    J 😎

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have you got hot air coming from the vents?
    Did you check coolant hoses-are they rock solid or can you squeeze them ?
    Do you loose any coolant?
    White smoke from exhaust?

Comment

What brand of multi function temperature sender do you have fitted? (In the underside of the water manifold)

Are you sure its actually overheating and not a faulty temp reading on the gauge?

It it's a Meyle for example, it is likely to read really high... but the rad fan will come on at the correct temp irrespective of the gauge reading (assumimg the fan switch is ok)
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Hi guys cheers for quick reply ... not too sure on the mfts brand BUT it is New? Piotr blows hot can squeeze the pipes not rock solid but are hot no coolant leaks no white smoke just has odd bit of smoke from over fuel (odd occasion as it's not mapped properly yet Just in set parameters until proper map after engine being bed in) the oil pressure is below 1 bar aswell which I have checked in mechanical gauge but only goes below 1 bar when temp goes over 100 ???????

Comment

If you have VCDS see what your coolant is actually reading rather than relying on the gauge. Id also do a Block/sniffer test to rule out a HG issue. As for the Water pump, do you get a good flow of coolant to the header tank on the return line? Sounds to me like its the over reading MFTS over reading. I know when I changed mine for a new genuine one I get higher readings on the gauge than before by say 20 degrees.

Comment

is the fan running in the right direction? it needs to suck air out of the radiator,not blowing through.........
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
              If you have VCDS see what your coolant is actually reading rather than relying on the gauge. Id also do a Block/sniffer test to rule out a HG issue. As for the Water pump, do you get a good flow of coolant to the header tank on the return line? Sounds to me like its the over reading MFTS over reading. I know when I changed mine for a new genuine one I get higher readings on the gauge than before by say 20 degrees.
              🤔🤔hmmm I have changed it for new a while back but not dine many miles Iv also replaced the jack plug that goes into it as it crumbled to bits fan sucks the right way all gaskets new

Comment

It's causing oil to go thin due to over heat and drop below 1 bar pressure on tick over aswell or so I think this is the reason why anyways

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                  What brand of multi function temperature sender do you have fitted? (In the underside of the water manifold)

Are you sure its actually overheating and not a faulty temp reading on the gauge?

It it's a Meyle for example, it is likely to read really high... but the rad fan will come on at the correct temp irrespective of the gauge reading (assumimg the fan switch is ok)
                  This. Mine reads very high, but it is the sender NOT the engine. If your stage one fan is kicking in for 30 seconds cooling the engine and then switching off again, I would suspect your MFTS

HTH
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic
                  Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                    This. Mine reads very high, but it is the sender NOT the engine. If your stage one fan is kicking in for 30 seconds cooling the engine and then switching off again, I would suspect your MFTS

HTH
                    Hmmm that's 2 people now... what would you recommend as my MTFS is new ... buy another maybe? My oil pressure is low aswell from the heat which is why I didn't suspect it (on the aux gauges)

Comment

What brand of MFTS is it?

Comment

Originally posted by martinjs View Post
                        What brand of MFTS is it?
                        If I'm honest I can't remember -.- is there one to be best off with/ avoid ?

Comment

Can anyone shed some light on why my oil pressure is low if it's just the mfts that's out??? Shows low on a manual gauge aswell when hot????

Comment

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
                            If I'm honest I can't remember -.- is there one to be best off with/ avoid ?

ONLY use a genuine Behr...

Comment

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
                              Can anyone shed some light on why my oil pressure is low if it's just the mfts that's out??? Shows low on a manual gauge aswell when hot????

Maybe I missed it, what oil are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X