Denser hydrahulic servo fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denser hydrahulic servo fluid

Hi, i will be probably disliked for this, but is there anybody, who tries to use denser/thicker fluid to help function of our old hydraulic brake system?

Past owner used classic red atf, question is, if its by fault or meaned solution.
    I spend several liters of febi 06161+06162 to fresh system up. But green fluid is notiecably tinner.

Still have troubles on my system, most of the time, bomb suck just 2cm of reservoir fluid, pedal tent to stick after press.
    Some days bomb suck almost nothing and have warning light on.
    Few days driving after bomb removal and mount back(no change,external cleaning) system at random occasion starts works almost correct, sucked 5cm, no sticking pedal feel. It works like that for a several days, until car was parked for a month so bomb slowly bleeded off and issue is back.

So anybody tries this kind of ghetto fix?

If things are in good order there is no need for different fluid at all, I doubt it would make any difference, but if any, it would put more load on your pump, which is where it sounds like you may be suffering, and could cause a further failure.

Time to start testing the other parts, if you have a sticky pedal I would be checking your master cylinder first, and then the servo.

Sorry

Comment

If ATF fluid has been used in the power steering/brake servo system then it will attack the seals in all the component parts of the system. You should be using the Audi green mineral fluid. It sounds from your problems as if its to late to just flush the system through.

Comment

Working...
      X