Haters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haters?

Daft question ... does anybody ever get people "hating" on there s2? I'm 23 in the army and I potter round in my aby around the place and I can't help over here (mainly youth) saying wtf is that **** etc etc was just wondering if anyone else has this sort of ... audience shall I say politely 🤣

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't recall any haters as such. But most people seem to not know anything about it and recently i've annoyed more than a few S3, RS3, RS4 and AMG etc owners who seem mostly confused about what just happened.

I do however have a friend who has no like of the car at all. Most mates like it because its a car, maybe not one they would buy but they like it for what it is etc. But I do have one mate who just doesn't like it at all. But he does like cars.

Each to their own again.

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
      I don't recall any haters as such. But most people seem to not know anything about it and recently i've annoyed more than a few S3, RS3, RS4 and AMG etc owners who seem mostly confused about what just happened.

I do however have a friend who has no like of the car at all. Most mates like it because its a car, maybe not one they would buy but they like it for what it is etc. But I do have one mate who just doesn't like it at all. But he does like cars.

Each to their own again.
      Hmmm bit immature really I'd understand with certain cars but a classic s2 -.- what's your opinion of the second spoiler ... you know the one that goes over the top of the original? Like mine on the back? I think it looks ok but when people share there "opinion" it makes me have second thoughts and it'll be going to the body shop soon as Iv racked up the 1k miles and mapped it?

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post

Each to their own again.
        This /\ /\

New performance car owners hate it when they try and drop you, and you are still stuck to their tail at 1XXmph! Sometimes they refuse to acknowledge you exist.

But I have never had anything negative from the general public out and about or at shows. Most people who know anything about cars love our old classics!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by betterwith4 View Post
          Hmmm bit immature really I'd understand with certain cars but a classic s2 -.- what's your opinion of the second spoiler ... you know the one that goes over the top of the original? Like mine on the back? I think it looks ok but when people share there "opinion" it makes me have second thoughts and it'll be going to the body shop soon as Iv racked up the 1k miles and mapped it?

I am not keen on the additional spoiler myself, I don't think you can improve on the body shape of these cars, hence why I have had mine for 13 years!

Its your car though, if you like it keep it.
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic
          Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I wouldn't mind having an s2 meet up but somewhere in the north of the mid lands ... I live in Leeds west yorkshire and the meets Iv seen posted are a very long drive for me ... be good to see other people's and see if any one can share some advice just by poking around others cars ... be a good experience for me

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
              I am not keen on the additional spoiler myself, I don't think you can improve on the body shape of these cars, hence why I have had mine for 13 years!

Its your car though, if you like it keep it.
              Iv seen a Couple with this on and it is for the car just not 100% anymore ... Might see how it looks after the body shop and go from there

Comment

Iv seen a Couple with this on and it is for the car just not 100% anymore ... Might see how it looks after the body shop and go from there

Personally I like the cars as they came out of the factory. I had an RS2 but always preferred the coupe for the looks etc, so i prefer without spoiler.

I'm on the page of keeping the S2 front bumper with washer jets. I also have the walnut trim which I will be leaving as is. I'd run standard wheels too but I need 18's for the bigger brakes.

All my work has been done under the skin to make it comparable with modern machinery. I've done some carbon and painting in engine bay to tidy it up but i'm on the page of a standard looking car that goes well.

Just need it back from the paint shop now. Looks amazing with fresh paint. Just needs putting back together and the final polish.

Comment

spoiler is a nice add ...

Comment

Great looking car you have there....until the eyes go to the rear.Not a good look in my opinion but each to there own

Comment

S2 is a good car if it's avant or sedan.
                      5vtq gte

Comment

its a conversation starter all the time...I had a guy collect two items I had sold on facebook and we spent about an hour talking about the car and his old stuff. Had the same from people doing work at the house, strangers walking past, someone even knocking on the door in a previous address who said if i ever wanted to see it to call him and leaving his card

So no, not ever had anyone diss it in that sense, like about, many don't know what it really is, some recognise the badge and some remember the 'shape' followed on from the ur but not sure if it really is a hot version of the coupe or just one of the more mainstream 8v versions.

I have to say I am not a fan of the rear spoiler. the basic shape is timeless and looks pretty fresh even after all this time, I dont personally think it adds to the look but hey we are all different so why not...your car, your smile
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Daft question ... does anybody ever get people "hating" on there s2? I'm 23 in the army and I potter round in my aby around the place and I can't help over here (mainly youth) saying wtf is that **** etc etc was just wondering if anyone else has this sort of ... audience shall I say politely 🤣

I'd stop and offer one a lift...they won't hate it from that point on just leave them to walk back to their mates
                          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Hmmm seems not many people take a like to the additional s2 spoiler

Comment

Well it's kinda a thing of taste.. I think you will not meet a lot of people who like them.

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X