urS6 - Water Leak into Drivers Footwell - Causes ?t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urS6 - Water Leak into Drivers Footwell - Causes ?t

On a RHD 97 urS6 Avant, I have a water leak into the driver's foorwell.

I took out the carpet, , I've hung it up to dry under a car port for two weeks so now the sponge is dry, going to get it cleaned by a detailer in due course, but before putting it back in, I need to get to the source of how and where the water is getting in.

From the tide mark of the path of the dripping on the 'upstand' beside the driver's right ankle, I see it is leaking down onto and past one of the two earthing bolts. People who've taken out their carpets will be familiar with the layout.

Calling Dave to the white phone, is this a known fault, or am I pushing the boundaries with a C4 chassis ?

Any ideas or assistance gratefully received?

Now I know the irritation of B4 Coupes owners.

Last edited by macspring; 25 November 2016, 12:09.

I have that problem both sides!
    Drips down onto relays & fuses!
    Dave has a thread about sunroof & scuttle panel drains, but I've checked mine & I suspect a windscreen/body junction issue.
    Have to get around to taking the trim around the wipers off & getting a hose to it.
    It's a royal pain in the 'ola.
    sigpic
    A6 (C6) Allroad 3.0 tdi quattro
    181 VW Touran - Highline

Gone:
    A6 (C4) 2.5TDI Avant quattro- Ron Burgundy, Daily Hack
    '05 Mk5 GTI - Herself's Daily
    '90 Mk2 GTI 16v

Comment

Hi Dog,

I'm thinking the same, as mine has no sunroof, but still keen to be pre-advised before going at it.

People who've BTDT are always a great help, especially if they have photos.

Comment

ur

just had a similar problem on my urs4, water leaks to the ns foot well, down the A post past the earthing points, cleaned out the scuttle , lots of debris blocking the drains, then i undid the earthing bolts and cleaned them up/copperslip, i was getting intermittant windows and sunroof function, the water was going straight into the relay below the earthing bolts,

Comment

urS6 - Water Leak into Drivers Footwell - Causes ?t

I've checked the scuttle drains & they appear to be clear, but I hear what you're saying.
          She's in getting the best part of 2k's worth of work done at the moment (Pro12 kit, rear discs, winter tyres etc), so I won't have her back till next week to give another feel / look at them.
          If I got the water ingress at the front & swimming pool in the boot (handy in a 7 seater) I could really put the "time to get rid of that old thing" merchants to bed!

James
          sigpic
          181 VW Touran - Highline

Gone:
          '90 Mk2 GTI 16v

Comment

Dog,

Which county ?

Keen to see how you get on with the Pro12 kit.

Any before and after photos in due course ?

Any links to where you sourced it ?

Thanks.

Comment

I think my scuttle is pretty clear, but should check it again to be sure.

The drainage channel is clear, but again will be need to do a specific check / test with a hose.

Will post result as am keen to get to the bottom of this. Hope it is nothing to do with the windscreen as mcandmar suggested.

Dave hasn't hear the PA announcement, or the white phone ringing, he must be still in bed.

Comment

Give him a chance! There's at least a 5 hour time difference!

Wescht Limerick, as they say around these parts! Yourself? Further east?
                I'm a Dub but here over 20 years, so I can get away with a Munster jersey occasionally.

Sourced it from Keith @ Alloy Wheels.ie in Dublin.
                €700 incl vat + a tenner or so for delivery.

I have a few random befores & a bit of a record of upgrades, repairs etc, about enough to cobble a 'build thread' of sorts together.
                Roll on the snow (but not until I've taxed it!?!)
                sigpic
                181 VW Touran - Highline

Gone:
                '90 Mk2 GTI 16v

Comment

He needs the odd slag to keep him in check. As he is so always tolerant himself.

I still think we should vote him for Pope though. Without him, it would be much much tougher to get to know our way around these S cars.

I'm where you're from.

Any photos of it in it's box or just taken out before it was fitted ? Just curious

Don't be shy re a cobbled together bulld, no one is super critical on here. : least of all myself.

It all helps for the C4 minority on here.

Comment

Could the heater radiator/motor housing joint leak? At least you get all water in the footwell when the radiator pops.

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                    Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                    BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                    BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

C4 UrS-car Cowl Drain Issues and their solutions

Originally posted by macspring View Post
                      Calling Dave to the white phone, is this a known fault, or am I pushing the boundaries with a C4 chassis ?
                      Dave hasn't hear the PA announcement, or the white phone ringing, he must be still in bed.
                      Originally posted by Jimmy-the-Dog View Post
                      Give him a chance! There's at least a 5 hour time difference!
                      He needs the odd slag to keep him in check. As he is so always tolerant himself. I still think we should vote him for Pope though. Without him, it would be much much tougher to get to know our way around these S cars.
                      Jeez lads, its an 8 hr difference and I check the forum before I go to bed at midnight and then when I get up at 6:30. Sorry if I seemed to slack off there for a kip.

Have a look at this:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/92899.phtml

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I'm not Dave but I am from North America.

Here's what I got guys:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/154047.phtml

Cheers

Comment

Jeez lads, its an 8 hr difference and I check the forum before I go to bed at midnight and then when I get up at 6:30. Sorry if I seemed to slack off there for a kip.

Have a look at this:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/92899.phtml
                          Think they already tried that Dave. Check out my post.

Comment

Did you manage to get your hose out yet mac?!?
                            sigpic
                            181 VW Touran - Highline

Gone:
                            '90 Mk2 GTI 16v

Comment

i have a water leak into the trunk. in the left next to the disc charger.... i belive it´s a rubber.....

the water does not go through rubber and falls inside the trunk.... and only in the left....

Comment

Working...
                              X