Wanted S2 ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted S2 ABY

I'm looking for a ABY in good condition, I don't mind a few jobs, but I want a tidy car. There are a few old ad's on here, but I'm not sure what is still for sale. I would prefer an avant, but would consider a coupe. I have a dog and I'm not sure he would fit in the boot of a coupe.

Treat your dog and buy the RS2. A Coupe is no place for a mutt unless it is the type that fits in a handbag.

Comment

I would love an RS2, but I'm not sure I want to pay the price they are commanding. Besides I fancy doing a little tuning/modifying and don't want to do that with a RS2. I can always keep the back seats folded down on a coupe, to keep the dog happy.

Comment

Fair. I would deffo keep an RS2 standard whereas you can play around with an S2. The parcel shelf would have to come out of the Coupe and also they leak a lot but that is fine if you dog doesn't mind wet feet.

Comment

They can't have leaked from new, so that must be fixable. Besides the dog has webbed feet, so he should be able to tread water for a bit.

Comment

A dog owner, and an ex S2 coupe owner here. They are totally unsuitable for Dogs. My whippet had to travel on the front seat. Boot access is difficult for a dog, I had to lift my whippet into the boot of it.
            EX S2 ABY owner, now driving a BMW E39 530D manual & a MK1 Golf GTi called 'Hattie'
            My second Supra, a very special 1997 RZ-S 6 speed single

Comment

This is only going to be a weekend car. My girlfriend already ownes an estate car. He used to cope fine getting in and out of the CRX i had. I just want the option to be able to get him in now and again, other wise it will mean I wont get to use the car much at the weekends. This is also why I said I wanted an avant, but I would still consider a coupe.

Comment

Hi where are you based , I know of one for sale locally to me
                NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

I'm in Norwich.

Comment

Go for a Coupe they are the best!!lol I have a dog and she loves a blast in mine and sits in the front seat head out the window enjoying the breeze going through her hair!! Good luck with your search

Comment

ah ok Norwich is probably a bit far for you too travel
                      NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Umm, is an S2 best for dogs??? I have an Avant and a lab who is now 6 months old and he still hasnt been allwoed into the car... thats what my van and the girlfriends car is for lol. On a serious note, the only way the mutt is getting into my avant is if he is clean, dry and I have totally lined the boot out. As it is I already have an original hard plastic tub in there but it doesnt cover all of the fabric on the sides and back of the seats. Plus the boot is tiny for an estate car. Would a URS4 or 6 be better?

Comment

I want to use the car, not worry about the dog getting a couple of hairs in the boot. I have a van and the girlfriend has a A6 Avant. The dog comes with us most of the time, if I don't let him in the car, I don't get to use the car. I'm not interested in a URS4/6.

I would be willing to travel for the right car, but it would have to be what I want before I spend a day traveling. Send me some details and I will have a look.

Comment

I thought I would just give this thread a quick update. I had a few people contact me about cars they had for sale and promised to email details and some photo's. Unfortunately not one of them did. I assume they weren't too bothered about selling, strange.

I have now brought this car.
                            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70690

The body work is not as nice I as I would have liked, it going to have to have at least the roof re-sprayed, if I decide to keep it.

When I got it home, looking through the receipts, I found an invoice for AET Hybrid turbo, RS2 Exhaust manifold, RS2 injectors, RS2 intercooler and an ECU upgrade. So its not all bad. I might have to get it on the rollers and see where it is at. I also found some paper work suggesting the car was a Scotts of Sloane Square Demo car. Does anyone have any more info on this car? It's had a couple of plate changes in the past. L925 HYK, H1 PSX, JIA 30.

I'll start a new thread on it when I get a chance, only just got it home. It needs a dam good clean. It's been stood since Christmas.

Comment

I think all the Nothelles were sold by Scotts.

Comment

Working...
                              X