Audi S2 Avant ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 Avant ABY

For sale Audi S2 Avant 6 speed ,manual ABY engine,silver ,4 former keepers since Sep.1994.Mileage is around 140 000 can remember as the car is in lock up.
    The car is in very good overall condition apart from a turbo being on it way out .As soon as the fault appeared the car was parked into the garage and has been there ever since which is more then one year ago.It drives but on harder acceleration blows smoke,so ideally new owner to tow it away.Car is sorn at the moment ,No Mot nor Road Tax.
    It has electric wing mirrors,cruise control, grey leather, original wood effect panels throught the car,sun roof.|It has an extensive history proven by tons of receipts (Vag Parts,Quattro Corner many more) and there even is an original sale invoice of a sum of £25 000 back in 1997 .Car is standard ,unmodified, clean example.2 keys.
    Major work,not that it needed, has been done to the car back in April 2012 before trip to Austria -Worthersee 2012.I just wanted to have clear piece of mind.The journey went superb with car performing the way it suppose to do - GREAT.
    Some of the work done to the car :
    The suspension has been upgraded to KW coilovers and 18 inch Audi alloy wheels and Falken tyres.(both about 6 months on the car before being locked into garage)
    Porsche 996 front brakes conversion,K&N panel filter,Miltek exhaust fitted by previous owner and de catted ,Wish bones ,Tie rods ,ball joints water pump ,cam belt ,wheel bearings ,abs sensors, crank pulley,spurk plugs and many other.
    All work done has got paper work to prove.

No engine modification were carried out on the car.Only visual.
    As you could expected from a M reg car it has few minor faults:
    -few minor scratches.I think that's the only bad thing apart from the turbo on it's way out.
    Price :
    £4000 ono reflects work needing doing to the car .I'm open to sensible offers.
    Viewing is welcome.
    Due to nature of my work text massage (07738007843) is preferable way of contact and I'll get back to you ASAP.
    Many thanks
    Mark
    Attached Files

Where are you/the car based?

Comment

think i have some details on this car
      NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

I have sent a pm. Price is too high given the work needed and the lck of mot though.

Comment

Originally posted by audinut View Post
          think i have some details on this car
          Me too , i recognise the plate. Details on my laptop just not on this phone.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

PM sent. If anyone has any more details on this car, I would be keen to know.

Comment

Unmodified ? apart from brakes,exhaust,suspension,wheels and air filter then......Ahm oooott....GLWS.

Comment

Id made an offer but looks like she needs some tlc... bit of mold on interior etc. Has it sold now?

Comment

Unmodified - I meant no engine mods were made.. It is still for sale .

Comment

On the face of it, a nice car, a desirable colour, a revamp of the turbo to make it a hybrid and you'd have a good car ready to drive.

Potential purchasers should factor in the costs of the 996 brakes, wheels, and the KW suspension which are already installed.

NCTS. My opinion is based on the premise - I'm assuming all things are stated in the 'ad'.

Comment

Are you selling the standard 16 inch wheels that I see in the garage?

Cheers Baz
                      The ONLY S2 Golf!
                      http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                      10.42@138mph
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

hey gnutz i have a set of standard 16's

Comment

no mot ? potentially that leaves a lot to be thought about ?

Comment

Why there's no MOT - I doubt any car would pass the MOT with faulty turbo.The only reason why there is no MOT is that the car is locked up in the garage because of the turbo.If the turbo was fine i would be still driving the car. When I've noticed the turbo was on it's way out I parked the car straight away.Since then I'm thinking what to do with it and also meantime i bought S4 so using this one.

Comment

Originally posted by audinut View Post
                              no mot ? potentially that leaves a lot to be thought about ?
                              Haven't you just had a fit on various forums about folk commenting on a car you're selling when they have no intention of buying?

#justsaying

Comment

Working...
                              X