Firm Brake Pedal + ABS Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firm Brake Pedal + ABS Light

Have a problem with the brake pedal being fairly firm after startup, then it settles after medium braking a couple of times. I would think it may be the hydraulic fluid which is the problem so which is the best point to drain the whole system and thoroughly, from the bomb? Never changed in the two years of ownership, was thinking since the brakes have recently been properly bled upgraded/rebuilt that the hydraulic system is not providing the required assistance due to bad fluid as it could before.

Also would about 1 litre of G002000 enough for the whole system once bled? I guess about two would be better to properly flush it knowing the crud that will probably come out! Also after the peddle softens, the ABS light comes on, not sure if this is connected but I have had two rear wheel bearings and two rear ABS sensors fitted so will need some checking, any advice is appreciated
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

If the abs pump runs...than you have 1 sensor too far out. I had this and after the sensors adjustment...everything worked well.
    Hope this helps!
    Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
      If the abs pump runs...than you have 1 sensor too far out. I had this and after the sensors adjustment...everything worked well.
      Hope this helps!
      Regards
      Thanks that's what I thought that it might be too far in the hole, will have a look on the ramp tomorrow or next week, kinda difficult when you're lying on your back under the car with just a jack stand
      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

a firm pedal is a sign of a servo problem. Pumping the pedal will build up the pressure and you'll get normal brakes again.

There will be a leak in the brake hydraulic assistance circuit
        Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Doesn't sound good, hoping it is not

Will buy two more litres of power steering fluid and hope a good flush of the system might cure it..fingers crossed!
          1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
          X