DTA S80 PRO on 5 cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTA S80 PRO on 5 cylinder

Hi all im new here and thought id say hello and ask a few questions. I am helping a friend fit a dta s80 pro ecu in a quattro turbo rally car. I have sorted out a crank trigger wheel but was wondering about cam sensor. Can a dta use a magnetic crank signal and hall cam signal? or do both signals need to be the same? ie both magnetic or both hall. Are many people using a dta ecu on there 5 cylinder?.

Originally posted by taycoss View Post
    Hi all im new here and thought id say hello and ask a few questions. I am helping a friend fit a dta s80 pro ecu in a quattro turbo rally car. I have sorted out a crank trigger wheel but was wondering about cam sensor. Can a dta use a magnetic crank signal and hall cam signal? or do both signals need to be the same? ie both magnetic or both hall. Are many people using a dta ecu on there 5 cylinder?.
    Can use a combination of magnetic and hall. I'm using magnetic crank and hall cam sensor on my S100. Works fine

Comment

Spot on thanks for that Audi CQ and just what i wanted to hear. Are you running coil packs also?

Comment

I think Auto Mark used DTA on Simon Bainbridges Hill climb S2
        Chef

Comment

Aronmatic had dta in his green s2 speak to him

Comment

I run my DTA s100 wasted spark with magnetic (VR) sensor with 15-1 reference pins on the flywheel.

Just set the engine up as a v10 in the settings and it will work.

I understand all that can be gained by running a cam sensor is a small ammount of economy at lower (cruising) revs, not really what you want in a rally car.
            The ONLY S2 Golf!
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
            10.42@138mph
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
              I think Auto Mark used DTA on Simon Bainbridges Hill climb S2
              Yes he did and he does in his new RS6 mid engined TT.

As gnutz2 said i remember Mark saying he set it up in V10 mode.

Comment

Originally posted by taycoss View Post
                Spot on thanks for that Audi CQ and just what i wanted to hear. Are you running coil packs also?
                Running 5 coils yes (with a HKS Twin Spark amplifier).
                Have run it as V10 in batch mode, but now sequantial with a cam sensor because I want to be able to adjust cylinders individualy.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi_CQ View Post
                  Running 5 coils yes (with a HKS Twin Spark amplifier).
                  Have run it as V10 in batch mode, but now sequantial with a cam sensor because I want to be able to adjust cylinders individualy.
                  I did not know you could trim individual cylinders with dta, is there an update?
                  The ONLY S2 Golf!
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                  10.42@138mph
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
                    I did not know you could trim individual cylinders with dta, is there an update?
                    Been there all the time I think. Look under "Sequential Injection and Fan control". There you'll find injector trim for all injectors.

Comment

What coils are people using? I have a set of denso units from a honda s2000 which fit well. Would there be any probs running these?

Comment

bringing this back. what firing order are you guys using?
                        '91 Pearl 3.6 V8 CQ - building
                        '13.5 Jetta GLI - toy
                        '15 Subaru Imprezzzza - work daily
                        hausofdub.com

Comment

Originally posted by dspl1236 View Post
                          FUGGGGG. Why won't you believe me? 1-2-4-5-3. It's cast right on the head so muppets can't F it up.
                          RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                          94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Originally posted by dspl1236 View Post
                            The fact that you have to ask what the firing order is suggests to me you should forget about tuning or even working on your engine in any way, period .

Comment

Originally posted by gnutz2 View Post
                              I understand all that can be gained by running a cam sensor is a small ammount of economy at lower (cruising) revs, not really what you want in a rally car.
                              I know this is old, but, the cam sensor is required for:
                              * Knock control (to determine knock window and cylinder)
                              * Decreasing the load on the coils by a factor of 2. On higher revolutions, running two sparks and two dwell events can overheat the coils, because it's like running the engine at double RPM, and the coils were not made to function at 14000 rpm at high boost.
                              * Misfire recognition
                              * Continous camshaft adjustment (to get feedback for current camshaft position) and it's diagnostics

I would say 1-3 are useful for any car. Out of that closed loop knock control directly affects the performance and safety, as using it, you can always run maximum possible spark advance. Without it you have to leave a respectable margin of performance untapped, to be sure nothing blows up.
                              http://tuner.ee - http://www.facebook.com/tuner.ee

Comment

Working...
                              X