Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Funk ?

Got myself a "Funk" switch.

What do people normally wire these up to? Instant power gains to be had when fitted.

I don't beleive any S2 actually originally had these? I have one blank in my dash i can swap it with.
    Attached Files
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Fan override switch is a popular one, or wire up switcheable ABS in an ABY
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

How bizarre.Just this second been reading and sent back a message to @Zoig about the "Funk" button and here it is top of list on the forum. The funk button is a bit of kit that really belongs to people who like the "Funk" and who have danced the funk back in the day. Too funky for the more serious on here.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

^^^

I'm guessing if i just plug it in the "Funk" writing wouldn't light up when lights were on?
        1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

You'll need to wire in the switch as they're won't be a spare plug there for it. You can take the earth & illumination feed from a neighbouring switch, grey/blue wire from memory
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post
            ^^^

I'm guessing if i just plug it in the "Funk" writing wouldn't light up when lights were on?
            Now... not only do we have "fire up the quattro" now we have "hit the funk button"

Just back from the beach and this funky song springs to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8MEP9sTdlc

Then later...

This one for Ryan (my maltese friend) and those lovely maltese ladies.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMqQnbZeJlI

Turning on the "Funk" switch will never be the same Got to get one myself now.

Cheers Mark.
            Last edited by Vorsprung durch Technik; 12 July 2014, 18:32.
            94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Michael S2 View Post

What do people normally wire these up to? Instant power gains to be had when fitted.
              I used it as a nitrous arming switch
              Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
              Sold ABY-stock

Comment

It's already been decided in a previous thread, you have to rig it up to George Clinton tunes and a disco ball

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                  It's already been decided in a previous thread, you have to rig it up to George Clinton tunes and a disco ball
                  And remember if you fake your funk your nose will grow

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Here is mine, it is lit up like other OEM buttons, IIRC even it had the lit triangle below it when the Funk is on

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                      And remember if you fake your funk your nose will grow
                      Yeah who the hell is George clinton?
                      94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                        Yeah who the hell is George clinton?
                        You need a bit of George in your life, google or Utube him the man is amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                          You need a bit of George in your life, google or Utube him the man is amazing
                          Apologies mate it must be a northern thing as i have never as far as i can recollect ever hearing of George Clinton. I remember 1 or 2 tracks from the funk parliament which is proper old skool funk.My time was Electro funk/jazz funk 81-84/85
                          During the later 70's love Off the Wall (Jackson) Bee-Gees etc but was only 12/13 when Of the Wall came out.

Just researched him a little.He went Solo in 82 that's probably why i never heard of him.His first solo was Atomic dog (hhmmm) dec 82,it never featured in the clubs at all in 82,83,84.It never reached the top 100.He just disappeared in the 80,s and spent years in the law courts over the usual stuff with music. He was born 1940 so too old when people like paul hardcastle turned up on the scene half his age.

I used to listen to radio Horizon 82/83/84 Stuff like First Light(David Green and Paul Hardcastle) D Train, Grand Master Flash,Africa Bambaataa (looking for the perfect beat) plus most of the slightly more mainstream club stuff like cashmeer (do it any way you wanna) which Jackson copied parts of for thriller, freeze, curtis hairston,unique etc etc. They were superb times when britain was a much happier place.All the stuff i liked has been sampled to death by the fake musicians of today.There is some good stuff today just not a lot!

AHHH THANK GOD FOR THE "FUNK BUTTON"
                          94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Got this fitted today

Is it actually wired up to anything?
                            No

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                            You'll need to wire in the switch as they're won't be a spare plug there for it. You can take the earth & illumination feed from a neighbouring switch, grey/blue wire from memory
                            Cheers Alex, sounds easy enough. Basically if i just copy what the back of the other switches look like i can't go wrong? I take it i'll need a couple of lengths of spare wire as well.
                            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

I need the Funk!
                              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Working...
                              X