Mrc Dyno Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrc Dyno Run

Went to MRC yesterday for a health check and to try and find some running issues I am experiencing and to finally get some answers not bad for a total cost of £106.80 well worth it. I went there with some trepidation expecting bad news but alas I come home with a big on my face, considering I have a dodgy Lamba sensor, NGK spark plugs that were loose, I fitted them and didn't torque them been advised to change them back to f5dpor's the car showed 264bhp on the dyno well happy as I expected only around 200 if that. Took it for a drive after so Doug could check it again on vcds car was flying and no codes. On the symptoms I described he reckons the car was going into limp mode but couldn't get it to do that on the dyno. I drove home and three miles from home it started doing the hop when I floored it but only in top gear which Doug reckons it's the Lamba so change that fit a new multi function sensor also a bit crusty a de-cat exhaust and new plugs and I should get the 15bhp that's missing happy days.

This is my graph

Comment

Did they give you any reason for changing the plugs back to OEM bosch plugs? There has been lots of noise on this forum about them failing with a chance of serious engine damage with the use of NGK Iridiums being advocated instead.

Comment

Yes Doug said they were a superior plug and that they should have black print on them and not blue if they are blue they are Chinese copies from places like euro car parts.
        I am aware of some of the problems from these Bosch plugs that's why when he asked why i had them fitted i gave the reason why and that's when he made ref to the print and only buy them from audi/Tps as they are not that expensive around £7.20 each.

Comment

AFAIK poeple have had the same problems with those plugs from the dealer. Not worth the risk IMHO
          Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

What map is this running? Homefries?
            Cheers'en, AndyC
            1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
              What map is this running? Homefries?
              Yes Rusty, Ray is running HomeFries.
              4 Rings Rule.......Everytime

1984 80 Quattro B2 - Project Car
              1996 S2 - ABY 6 Speed - Pride and joy
              2003 A2 TDI - Economy

Comment

Went for NGKs myself as didn't want to run the risk of ruining an engine through a set of plugs. Just get them gapped right and the car will fly!

Recently had a long list of items changed on the engine and it has made a world of difference
                1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

What exhaust? Any other engine mods?
                  Cheers'en, AndyC
                  1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Glad you found the problems and got them sorted
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I got 272Hp on my ABY with Homefries and NGK plugs at the group session on a pretty warm summer's day at MRC last year.

I wouldn't touch Bosch plugs not even if they did give me an extra 15 Hp.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                        What exhaust? Any other engine mods?
                        Original exhaust fitted I have booked it in to charlie at prospeed for 3" turbo de- chatted one no other mods other than home fried map.

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                          Went for NGKs myself as didn't want to run the risk of ruining an engine through a set of plugs. Just get them gapped right and the car will fly!

Recently had a long list of items changed on the engine and it has made a world of difference
                          Ryan
                          Did you change the sensor that's on the bottom of the inlet manifold it's the one with the black rubber boot over it if so do you have the part no plse.

Comment

I have personally never had any problems with the F5DPOR plug, I have run them in everything turbo charged and have fitted 0000's. Worth noting that they are ALWAYS plugs from the dealer.
                            Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Originally posted by bilko0795 View Post
                              Ryan
                              Did you change the sensor that's on the bottom of the inlet manifold it's the one with the black rubber boot over it if so do you have the part no plse.
                              I think you're referring to the MFTS, I got a genuine behr one from quattro corner recently

Amongst a number of other sensors, you might find this post useful:

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=147
                              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Working...
                              X