S2 Avant -93

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant -93

Yet another not so special project thread of my S2. I have always had some kind of project to do but it has never been a car -until now. Although RS2 would have been THE car, the prices are way out my budget. So I bought an S2. Not a bad thing after all couse these are not so rare than those RS2's, I'm not under the pressure to keep it totally original. The car has nearly 300 000 km on it, so rust is an issue that needs to be dealt with. Also the previous owners have not been treating the car the way one should, so little surprises come up almost every day.

Something I've been thinking to do

- Rebuild the engine and changing all necessary parts to make ~400 whp
    - Paint job
    - Subframes, wishbones etc refurbishment
    - Fixing all the minor faults

Not too long of a list, but you should see that car. If I wrote everything included to the last point, I'd be up all night.

I have already changed the timing belt, installed Error404's coil wiring harness and fixed the the nonresponsive AC buttons.

This project will take forever with the freetime I have, but I'll try to make it. And I don't have garage so everything will happen under the open sky. Really fun with the winters we have here

Some pics of the car and the weather conditions (already started the t-belt change when took these)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Antsa; 10 February 2017, 07:38. Reason: Corrected typos

Changing the coil wiring harness. Thanks Error404 A lot nicer that the mess of the previous owner. The stainless bar over the coils is horrible, but I will get rid of it when I put in the red coils.
    Attached Files

Comment

Torquing the crank bolt. Luckily enough my neighbor has a company and they service excavators and JCB's. So he had big enough torque wrench for the bolt. It goes up to 1000nm
      Attached Files

Comment

Get rid of those topran coils asap!!
        All topran parts i bought were crap....all...
        Just my experience....

Comment

Wow! that looks a nice project you have bought yourself and all the work will be done outside I hope you get some better weather soon but just wait until its summer what an open air garage you will have then everyone will be jealous of you

Keep us updated and good luck with your project

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
            Get rid of those topran coils asap!!
            All topran parts i bought were crap....all...
            Just my experience....
            Lets see how long they will last. I'll change them when I take the engine apart.

Comment

Nice looking project look forward to following it

Comment

Finished the t-belt change today and started the first time in two weeks! But I couldn't bleed the coolant system thoroughly. The bleed nipple on the matrix hose is stuck, so I took it out completely and bled it until only coolant came out and then I forced the nipple back in. It was starting to blow warm into the cabin but just for a short while. Any advice how to properly and thoroughly bleed the system? I might have to buy new matrix hose w/bleed nipple but i understand it costs a fortune

And there is this thing that the rad fan seems to be controlled with the ac buttons. When the blower is set to 0 the rad fan stops. When I turn the blower on again, no matter of the speed, the rad fan starts. Car has auto AC and the AC was off during this. I found a thread about some relay pin, but I couldn't find it anymore. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

You don't really need the nipple, you can do it by pulling the hose off. When coolant comes out jam it back on. Bleed the rad with the small bleed screw on top. It helps to take out the screws holding the expansion tank and lift it up a couple of inches. Or take a foot of plastic plumbing pipe that fits tight in the neck of the tank to extend it upwards.

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I read the 'how to bleed coolant system' thread. I have to try it again next week as this weekend is only about work. I'll post some new pics then also. It looks like a car again now that the front bumper and headlights are fitted.

Comment

Nice project looking forward to your progress

Comment

Looking good ! Gonna follow this project
                        Project Audi s2 coupé 1996

http://http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80796]

Comment

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                          sigpic

Comment

respect for doing the work in the cold time.

Comment

Originally posted by rxl View Post
                              respect for doing the work in the cold time.

Exaclty
                              Audi S2 Coupe - parts for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X