Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S2 Avant(homefried) vs. BMW(E60)535D or the pleasure of driving a powerfull engine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant(homefried) vs. BMW(E60)535D or the pleasure of driving a powerfull engine!

Today, coming home from work, a young man in a 535D decided to out acelerate me coming out of a roundabout into a 2 lane freeway, since I was on LPG and not even trying, just gathering speed fast, and the piece of freeway before the next roundabout was small I stop pushing at 120kmh and of he went...

...freeway coming to an end and one roundabout to do 3/4 and another, bigger, freeway to accelerate, so... LPG off/98 on and let´s see what goes... cars in the slow lane and I follow the BM in 2nd, and 3rd and 4th, wasn´t able to fully accelerate in any gear so not to damage the japan robot eyes rear lights of the bimmer, add to press progressevily the loud pedal and gave up the chase at 160kmh because it became just silly, he still went till 200, I guess ,just to get away and probably feel better about himself telling himself that he outrruned me...yeah right! So I guess I would have eaten him for breakfast if we where side by side!

My point is:

I love to drive a powerfull car as an everyday car, that´s why it´s on LPG and it´s cheaper than a tdi to run, just use a small part of the power reserve to do the job, sometimes a little bit more to make fast progress or dispatch some slower traffic and sometimes put the pedal to the metal just because I can! ABY rules

It is satisfying to know it's not costing the earth to run. I did consider converting mine a few years ago but it's more of a weekend car now anyway
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Glad I am not the only one on lpg here. I do also use the lpg for no boost and low boost accel and if I want more...just switch to gasoline ron98 and I receive the best of my aan. I have to make a test aside a 335d and 335i to see what is my s6 capable with a gen remap and a slightly ported compressor housing beside the tubular EM. The 2013 330d coupe just cries and cries even if my car was with four ppl inside and all windows down. The lpg makes me enjoy the car more because I am not racing everytime...I rarely floor the accel pedal indeed. I use a Lovato system and a "doughnut" type fuel tank

salu2!

Comment

Today, returning from my vacations, I found myself behind a Ferrari California, and keep up with it, sort of, did impress the Ferrari driver who farwelled me when I took an off ramp!

The sound of the California when he downshifted and wot was a pleasure!

The pleasure of driving a powerfull engine!

Comment

Not sure what's wrong with you guys needing to use petrol and not lpg when pushing on. My setup makes simular power on both fuels.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

I can´t talk about others but in my case my car is homfried and that maxs out the fuel injectors so the lpg injectors that are programed to inject x% more than the fuel ones can´t do 100% plus witchever percentage is programed...I think, that is what the installer said and if I go back to the original, not homefried, ecu than all is fine.

Plus from what I understand , not much I must confess, on lpg ignition should be advanced on low rpm and advanced on high or viceversa to take full advantage of the lpg and finally I believe that high boost and high rpm on lpg aren´t very friendly for the engine if it isn´t tuned specifically to run on lpg and mine isn´t, my lpg ecu just mimics the gasoline ecu injecting a extra % of lpg.

Some time ago I asked Dimitri if he could do a switcheble chip for ABY/AAN for running both fuels the most efficent way as he seems to have done some lpg maps with good results, but it probably isn´t that simple and he wasn´t very interested!

I use the car everyday and it´s to expensive on petrol only, and I also do a lot of highway km and normal driving never going above 15psi and 4500rpm so lpg for 95% of the time, every now and then I turn the lpg off and petrol on and use all the ponies!

If you have any idea you want to share I would appreciate!

Comment

Originally posted by psiconauta911 View Post
              I can´t talk about others but in my case my car is homfried and that maxs out the fuel injectors so the lpg injectors that are programed to inject x% more than the fuel ones can´t do 100% plus witchever percentage is programed...I think, that is what the installer said and if I go back to the original, not homefried, ecu than all is fine.

Plus from what I understand , not much I must confess, on lpg ignition should be advanced on low rpm and advanced on high or viceversa to take full advantage of the lpg and finally I believe that high boost and high rpm on lpg aren´t very friendly for the engine if it isn´t tuned specifically to run on lpg and mine isn´t, my lpg ecu just mimics the gasoline ecu injecting a extra % of lpg.

Some time ago I asked Dimitri if he could do a switcheble chip for ABY/AAN for running both fuels the most efficent way as he seems to have done some lpg maps with good results, but it probably isn´t that simple and he wasn´t very interested!

I use the car everyday and it´s to expensive on petrol only, and I also do a lot of highway km and normal driving never going above 15psi and 4500rpm so lpg for 95% of the time, every now and then I turn the lpg off and petrol on and use all the ponies!

If you have any idea you want to share I would appreciate!
              I run LPG on my 260hp S4 and I can push it and it goes as well as petrol does. Never run petrol, it just hurts to fill up that gold liquid

Mine runs magicJet injectors and KME Gold reducer. Only problem is when tank is on the low side it switches to petrol on high load. But I fill lpg up often to avoid it
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Working...
              X