urs6 Large intercooler split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urs6 Large intercooler split

another thing to replace on my car a quite large split in my Intercooler hose might be abit difficult seeing it in the picture , iv been looking on ebay so on for the new part does anyone know any other places that sell some half decent ones , somewhere that's is not a rip off thanks

20160807_131044.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-07-15-22-24.jpg

There you go son! You sure they're not my hands?
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

There you go son! You sure they're not my hands?[/QUOTE]

They are indeed mine are not hairy like yours

Comment

Originally posted by BruceLeeURS6 View Post
        another thing to replace on my car a quite large split in my Intercooler hose might be abit difficult seeing it in the picture , iv been looking on ebay so on for the new part does anyone know any other places that sell some half decent ones , somewhere that's is not a rip off thanks
        Welcome (again) to UrS ownership. That hose with the split is called the "Michelin Man" hose and typically fails due to oil accumulating in the corrugation valleys and rotting the rubber. *VERY* common failure.

Solution is a new (not used) OE hose or a full set of Samco silicone hoses (turbo to cross-over, cross-over to SMIC and SMIC to throttle body).

OE: 034145720D One example seller: https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/034145720/ES273445/

Samco: One example supplier: http://www.fourseasontuning.com/tcs1...e1470600910220

REFERENCE: AAN Boost Testing Options:
        http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t+leak+testing

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
        94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

ahh okay then thanks dave

Comment

still in need of an michelin man hose

Hello again everyone

Has anyone here brought anything off Ecs tuning ?
            iv placed an order on there website for an Michelin man hose dating back the 1st week of this month , what has happened is they have back ordered me on the order

I made the payment through PayPal and it is still pending there is no way i can cancel the payment on paypal from going though to them , does anyone know if they have a uk number ? , also there numbers they have displayed on there websites do not go through emails have no help what so ever on cancelling orders

could anyone help ? will be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by BruceLeeURS6 View Post
              Has anyone here brought anything off Ecs tuning ?
              iv placed an order on there website for an Michelin man hose dating back the 1st week of this month , what has happened is they have back ordered me on the order
              I have bought things from ECS. The odd time things have been back-ordered (they don't necessarily have things in stock and actually order through an Audi dealer and resell). I wouldn't panic (yet). They will refund your money if they can't fill the order. In fact if I remember correctly, they don't actually charge until they have shipped (but that might be if you phone the order in with a VISA).

An Audi dealer that I always check for pricing says the 034145720D is a warehoused item:

http://genuineaudiparts.com/parts/in...&siteid=214407

So maybe a bit more time.

PS: I only gave ECS as an example seller because of the photos they show on their website.

Personally, I went Samco years ago.
              RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
              94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Bit late now, but Roose Motorsport would have supplied the hose.

They do the a set of boost pipes for a UrS6 even though it may not show up on their web site. I bought black oem style hoses, rather than coloured hoses, they are special order and take a bit longer. HTH.

This particular pipe is a very common failure as Dave said.

It tends to be good advice to buy more locally with a few exceptions.

Not much help right now with your current situation, but may assist with the next issue.

Kind regards.

Comment

Don't bother with ECS for OEM parts.They don't have stock and just order from Audi. More often than not are more expensive than going to the dealer anyway, plus then you have to pay shipping and import duty. My 2c
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I bought stuffs from ECStuning.it turned out he sent me the chinese crap engine mounts for the Q5.
                    And they're last 3months and broken again.
                    one of a few I5 from Asia.

Comment

yeah right i see pain in the *** them lot , how annoying that there's no communication with them what so ever

anyway iv had luck i rang paypal the other day and asked why there is no pending payment with Ecs tuning .. baring in mind a few days back i emailed ecs telling them to cancel my order no reply from them after that only paypal told me that they have cancelled the order Happy days

Comment

Working...
                      X