AC Leak into the Passenger Side Footwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Leak into the Passenger Side Footwell

Has anyone had issues with water leakage into the passenger footwell from the AC? It's currently draining some condensation from the appropriate drain while at a standstill but as I drive I get some water into the footwell. I am doubly concerned because it seems to be running right by the ECU.

I'm in a 95 RS2 and recently had a full heater core replacement (with Evap) and an AC service and recharge. It's slightly baffling but I'm wondering if it's a partial block or something else?

Any help would be awesome.
    Sasha

Maybe someone forgot to connect AC drain pipe to heaterbox while fitting it back. In that case it will leak right into passenger footwell.
    It's right above central tunnel on right side, you should be able to reach it with glovebox removed.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I do get some drainage from the condensation drain pipe though ... it leaks to the ground off of the frame close to the ground. Question though, would I get that if it wasn't connected to the heater box?

Thanks again for your help.
      Sasha

Comment

Drain pipe might be damaged, blocked or not connected properly. If this happens after heavy rain, cabin filter might not be sealed properly when fitted back. Best thing you can do is to remove glovebox and check where water comes from. If it has a sweet taste, it's coolant, which means leaking heater core.

Comment

Thanks again!

Rain hasn't been an issue and it's definitely water ... It runs into the cabin when the ac is on. The heater core is new so I hope it's not that but I will take apart the glove box to see what's up. We've already un-kinked the drain too so it's still a mystery.

Hopefully it's something simple as it has already ****ed up, I think, the wire connecting the ecu to the trip computer.

I just pray it's not a dash-out job!!!

Sasha

Comment

Update here ...

It turns out that the leak was coming from a lot of condensation that was forming on the AC lines that were on the cabin side of the firewall. The lines weren't insulated so we're trying to do that now.

More updates as to whether the fix is the right fix.

Cheers,
            Sasha

Comment

Working...
            X