Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Leon FR

Evening all.

My mate has just purchased a really nice mk1 Seat Leon Fr 1.8t with engine code AUQ. He's already wanting to upgrade but hasn't any experience of these cars or upgrading generally so I've offered to help and find out what I can for him and come up with a list of options. He hasn't got a massive pot of cash so it just needs to be a nice simple upgrade using potentially used S3 components. I thought I would ask here first as I'm sure there's a few of you that have worked on these cars or at least these engines? I've already suggested the obvious which would be brakes and suspension as a good starting point (which brakes and which suspension?) and for the engine replace his k03s with the k04 and injectors from an S3 which should see a realiable 275bhp with a good chipset? What I don't know is what all this lot would cost so looking for a bit of input on this. Would appreciate also if anyone's done a similar upgrade what they would suggest for fuel pump, inter cooler, intake and exhaust mods etc. I don't have any experience of these cars either but more than willing to learn to give him a hand.

Cheers

Russ
    Old Stuff Reborn.

I'd poly busy the rear axle and possibly new front lower arm bushes.
    As for the engine the auq is 180 much past that you'll need a lsd imo

Comment

I had the same engine in a Seat toledo, I fitted a decat, leon cupra R exhaust (2.5") and had a remap (224bhp) The standard brakes are plenty good enough for fast road work, they should be the 312mm up front and 256mm vented on the rear. Just use good discs/pads, i always used Pagid.

Ivan

Comment

Check on the differences between K03 and K04 engines, as I think there's more than you might expect. What about a 2.0 conversion & 3071 to give 400+ bhp
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I've got a Diesel FR 150 as my daily and it is alright as an everyday car but it would scare the crap out of me with anything north of 200bhp, irrelevant of improvements to suspension etc. A FWD car like that with such a floppy chassis is asking for trouble but if you like sitting on the edge of your seat (pardon the pun) then it would deffo be a bit of a chuckle.

Comment

Working...
          X