BMW had a drink problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW had a drink problem

My oldest son has BMW 20i diesel, I know I should be ashamed, but he is a good lad and deserves one mistake. Unfortunately he drove through a puddle, and the beamer took one drink to many and died. Engine is fuked. Hydro locked . He sat there for quite a while and no one stopped to help. So I told him, as a father should, no one stops to help a BMW in distress, not even BMW drivers. The next car will be an Audi I am thinking.

Ooops.. not good. The air intake is way to low on BMW's. I have heard of loads of BMW's that suffer this fate.

Comment

Familair sight, When I came out of the pub once the road was flooded, water depth was about one foot. I had no problems with my 90 to drive through the water but took a BMW driver home of which the E36 stranded in the water and would not go any further.

Comment

I sited my extended air filter behind the oil cooler in my type 85- first time I took it out in the rain I thought the head had gone! Forgot all about the filter being that low.
        Oil was mayonnaise but the engine ran.
        Change oil n filter and all good
        And yes, I've moved the air filter since.
        Make him buy an audi!

Comment

From memory, back in the 80's in one of the 'Mickey Mouse' stages on day one of what was then the RAC Lombard rally- if I remember correctly not ONE fuel injected Vauxhall made it past the water splash. Again, from memory- the air intake was low-down and susceptible to deep water.
          A fair few quid's worth of Rods that were either bent, or became 'afraid of the dark'

Comment

Working...
          X