Newish member, Hampshire V8CQ :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish member, Hampshire V8CQ :)

Newish member here, signed up a while ago to trawl the classifieds and post some wanted ads, and i have had a lot of positive and friendly replies so thought id better introduce myself!

Im a member on Classic audi forum, but as one of main main projects is Coupe based i thought id share it here too.

So the 93 coupe quattro spec is as follows;

Audi A8 ABZ 4.2 v8 (299 BHP when new!)
    01A Quattro gearbox
    034 Motorsports Flywheel/adapter
    Southbend s4 clutch
    Landrover V8 engine mount rubbers, custom platforms
    Airbox and cone filter
    V6CQ PS pump and original bomb set up. modded pipework
    Powerflex Rear diff mount
    A custom chip in the ECU to block limp mode (home/work made and currently still testing this on the car but all seems good so far)
    Diagnotics for ecu as standard
    Immobilizer defeated.
    Jetex S2 back box
    custom made exhaust pipe work from Headers to Back box Including X-pipe and Y-piece.
    Original CATs still fitted, Lambda sensors all wired in and working as standard, for drivability and (cough) fuel economy. Passed its MOT on emissions absolutely spot on.Better than the old V6 too on fuel usage.
    The Coolant gauge crossover was a bit of a nightmare, so i bought a 52mm VDO gauge and this sits in the centre console, with the sender in the top hose.

standard brakes
    standard Oil pressure gauge working

Revcounter works but incorrect reading, have a plan to sort this with making an adapter.

All in all pretty happy so far. At least i can drive about in it and work on it it too.

Link to video Linky---> http://youtu.be/y6fPm0ac7GQ ( GoPro Quality Sound )

Wow that looks like a very neat job, was it a lot of work to get it to fit? Sounds a bit of alright as well.
    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Excellent, and yea it looks very neat. Any more details on your conversion?
      Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

That is a really cool conversion.

What is it like to drive?
        Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
        Sold ABY-stock

Comment

Very Nice. Will be doing same project on day. 3rd in line LOL
          Regards
          Ryss
          www.autostart.co.za

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments.

It drives well to be fair, pulls better than it stops. But then again its not that light so throwing it about a bit takes some getting used too, well compared to my MK2 golf!

I think the iron V6 and the Aluminum V8 weigh in very similar, so still sits as standard. Which is the look i want for it.

Im just lucky i work with some very knowledgeable EM programmers, and dont mind a challenge.

The PS pump has just started to leak on the x-bolt so thats one more job to do too!

Cric
            Last edited by le cric; 28 November 2014, 19:46.

Comment

That fair play is gotgeous very very clean looking

Comment

Great conversion, looks like it rolled out the factory with that burble machine in there
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Love this! I've a quattro avant v6 I want to do the same with.
                  How difficult I'd wiring it all up?
                  I know some a4s (from reading motorgeek) are plug n play. How does this compare?
                  Ps, ill get the pump off my engine tomorrow for you if you still need it.

Comment

God I love this Coupe!!! What an amazing sound and what an engine in a Coupe!! Hats off to you mate some motor

Comment

I really like that!

Looks like an excellent base car with a very tidy conversion, as you say I don't expect the all alloy V8 is a whole lot heavier than the original V6 lump. Have you got a build thread over on CA? Would like to see some more pic's of the engine bay as well as the car itself.

What MK2 do you have? Quite a lot of us here have them as second cars, or have had them in the past, I love them, got a small bumper three door 16V and a five door G60 converted car based on a run out 8V GTI.
                      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Thanks again guys, Just waiting to sort my PS pump now and she'll be back burbling around!

So if i do some shows/meets which should be my priority to bring the CQV8 to?

Ahh yes my VW Golf MK2, i've had it for 4 years now and love it. Track toy.
                        1.8 20VT, emerald management 240BHP , LSD, Cage Etc. its errr perky!

On the 888's and DS3000 pads it stops scarily well too.

Comment

Working...
                        X