blaenau Ffestiniog S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blaenau Ffestiniog S2

Green S2 Coupe, Blaenau Ffestiniog this afternoon parked out the front of a local repair shop/garage.
    ... Looking stock, Mxxx HRW....
    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
    93 MTMS2 Avant

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
    Green S2 Coupe, Blaenau Ffestiniog this afternoon parked out the front of a local repair shop/garage.
    ... Looking stock, Mxxx HRW....
    On tour Ian ?
    sigpic
    Cab 2.3E
    90q
    URS6

Comment

I believe this is the car - also spotted by me.

Comment

Yep, that's it all right, thanks for the photo.

We're up in Gwynedd on a half term break, with a little work on the Cambrian thrown in tomorrow for good measure...
        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

We were up that way too just down the road at Betws-y-Coed yesterday. Seeing this thread made me think of the fine looking B2 Coupe just outside Llanrwst, outside a repair garage, a light to mid blue metallic in colour.Anyone know that one?

On a side note Ian, if it weren't for the traffic around N Wales including Snowdonia park it would be real treat to drive on some truly superb roads up there, many of them our Scottish friends would also fully appreciate.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post

We were up that way too just down the road at Betws-y-Coed yesterday. Seeing this thread made me think of the fine looking B2 Coupe just outside Llanrwst, outside a repair garage, a light to mid blue metallic in colour.Anyone know that one?

On a side note Ian, if it weren't for the traffic around N Wales including Snowdonia park it would be real treat to drive on some truly superb roads up there, many of them our Scottish friends would also fully appreciate.
            I just keep thinking Ur quattro / rally quattro and those open roads, oh Christ on a bike I could kill my driving licence... But sensible - pants and practicality says we are Land Rover bound, which is doing a fine family 4 up + dog job but leaves a frustrated quattro owner....

Oh boy could I murder a quick run over to Bala with the rally quattro now.....
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I've bumped into the owner a few times, he's a biker also. It's a stock car(last time I spoke to him). Glad to hear he still has it.

Comment

This area is my back yard.

Comment

Originally posted by bernsaudi View Post
                  I've bumped into the owner a few times, he's a biker also. It's a stock car(last time I spoke to him). Glad to hear he still has it.

I dont know the owner personally only he knows my car and i know his through a mutual friend (you know whst its like), and i wasunder the impression the cars had a refresh and a respray?

Comment

He has been loving the car for many years as most of us have. I ran out of juice tonight and had to stuff 2 stroke in to get home. Rally mania in my neck of the woods this weekend. I've popped a couple of launches to keep morale up

Comment

We saw the car again on Friday as we passed through Blaenau, moved, but same location... Weather was filthy in Ffestiniog as it had its head in the clouds but Betws y Coed and pretty much everywhere else was OK... Left Llwyngwril today and stopped to watch and photo a few WRC cars on the road sections north of Machynlleth... Proper rally cars, even in 2016, look sooo mad on the public highway it's unreal...
                      Last edited by Ian Simmonds; 30 October 2016, 00:55.
                      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                      X