X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after market catalyst

Hi! What is your opinion into these?
    Good or bad?
    I need to change at my Lada Niva euro 4.
    Thank you!
    Eugen

I have replaced the standard cats on the S2 for metal kats (a.k.a. race kat) with main reason that the don't break like the ceramic ones. and are less expensive. they are a lot smaller than normal kats, but as long as the MOT test is done at idle and not at full power that is not a legal issue

Comment

Thank You!
      There are some ceramic cats but, dont know iff will be ok. now the car is throwing the catalyst below threshold error.
      both lambda changed, engine is rebuilt, new maf. Engine runs good, but, this error shows up and obvious, the car failed emissions test.
      the oem cat is aprox 450 euro. The car is cheaper lol
      I found some cats at 100 euro...but no ideea what to expect..
      Should i go to second hand route?

Comment

the chaeper cats will have less active material, probably reducing how long they will work properly (btdt).
        second hand obviously only if you can trust the seller when he says that they were fine under the previous car...

Comment

THe cat of Lada niva is the main reason why the engines fail. So it s better to install an aftermarket one.
          Audi S4 2.2T 5 spd 1992 for parts
          AUDI A4 1.9TDI daily use

Audi 80 Quattro 2.0 16V (ACE) aka Competition

Comment

Don't know about Lada cats, but when my Peugeot 106 couldn't pass MOT because of the cat I bought a cheap new one and the result was the same if not worse. A second hand OEM cat fixed the issue.

Comment

There are good and bad aftermarket cats.
              A friend had issues with emissions for the MOT (1998 Astra), changed for aftermarket cat (really cheap one) and still had issues. Changed for a better quality aftermarket one and passed without issues. A lot cheaper than the OEM one....

I think a good quality aftermarket one would be fine.
              Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
              S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
              '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by Pirvu Eugen View Post
                Hi! What is your opinion into these?
                Good or bad?
                I need to change at my Lada Niva euro 4.
                Thank you!
                Eugen

Haha, how have they been able to reach EURO4 and even EURO5 standards with these cars? I'll guess they have had 100% vodka in the tank lol

Audi UrS4 Avant 2.5 20vt - twincharged - Project
                Audi 80q B4 Sedan 2.2 20vt - Daily user
                BMW 320d Touring e91 M-Sport - Daily user
                BMW 740iA e38 - Project

Comment

I bought mine from AAS in Newcastle but I haven't finished with the car for its MOT. I'll let you know. However I think mine are 200 cell as he couldn't guarantee the 100 cell would pass emissions.

Comment

Thank you!
                    Ill check for an golf 4 cat. maibe I can find one in good condition.
                    I have the ones from S2, but those I think are not good for euro 4 emissions tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X