Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi Pull Out of Endurance Racing...

End of an era: http://www.topgear.com/car-news/moto...-wec-formula-e

Well, they have nothing left to prove and Porsche could do without the competition.
    It will be good to see more development of e-cars - save the hydrocarbons for us
    There were rumors they were considering going into F1, I guess that is dead now.
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sad news, but can't blame them considering all the restrictions diesel was subjected to. Formula E is as boring as it gets, but then again Jaguar is entering too, so more manufacturer backing could make it more interesting.
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

bring back gruppe B !!
        sigpic
        Cab 2.3E
        90q
        URS6

Comment

Electric is in. Internal combustion is out. The most boring racing ever... no noise...

I think I read Germany is to sell zero internal combustion engines by 2030.

As long as hydrocarbons last another 20-30 yrs for my own enjoyment, for my own car, I don't care.

I will watch and be interested in less and less motorsport...
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

I think it's not far till they start racing with AI drivers, so no noise and even less interesting to watch.

Comment

"Audi Pull Out of Endurance Racing... "
              yeah, they probably couldn't get spares for the cars!

Comment

by 2050 , probably no drivers just self drive/controlled from team head office .........
                sigpic
                Cab 2.3E
                90q
                URS6

Comment

Sry to hear this, but considering the fact they need to pay US few Bilions, they have to cut somwere! Just my thought! what about trucks? Germany will produce MAN 60 tons electric? Hmmmm!!! Till 2030?
                  will see! But, i prefer old school machines!!

Comment

Originally posted by slacky View Post
                    by 2050 , probably no drivers just self drive/controlled from team head office .........
                    Rumor was Honda was doing that with engine mapping, from Japan, when Senna & Prost were driving for McLaren.
                    "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by mike74 View Post

"Audi Pull Out of Endurance Racing... "
                      yeah, they probably couldn't get spares for the cars!

Nice one !

Comment

Shame
                        '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
                        S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

I've been wondering if this'll happen faster than predicted. Regarding autonomous vehicles, if given the option to ride in a virtually accident free vehicle, or drive your own and be the remaining source of most accidents (in the US at least) your auto insurance will be insane if you opt to drive by yourself. Plus how fun would it be to drive in the middle of a perfectly evenly spaced grid of vehicles. You'd look like a tool who realized he missed the bus ...maybe ��
                          http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/minipitt1/

Comment

Originally posted by 90/90qs View Post
                            I've been wondering if this'll happen faster than predicted. Regarding autonomous vehicles, if given the option to ride in a virtually accident free vehicle, or drive your own and be the remaining source of most accidents (in the US at least) your auto insurance will be insane if you opt to drive by yourself. Plus how fun would it be to drive in the middle of a perfectly evenly spaced grid of vehicles. You'd look like a tool who realized he missed the bus ...maybe ��
                            sigpic
                            Cab 2.3E
                            90q
                            URS6

Comment

Gutted, been going to Le Mans since 2003 and seen many victories and battles first hand through sun, rain, day and night, it such a shame they are ending their involvement now. Understandable given the dieselgate scandal that their motorsport program would suffer, after all its probably an F1 scale budget for a hybrid LMP1-H team.

Will leave a big hole in sportscar world and could trigger another downward trend after years of growth in interest of the sport. Hopefully the Aco and fia will simplify the rules and costs a bit to ensure it can continue to thrive but not clear currently. Will still remember their 2011 race which was an absolute epic battle with themselves and Toyota. Glad i saw them this season a few times too at Silverstone, Le Mans and the test weekend. Next years 24hrs will feel different, either way i will hope to be there to see the usual drama unfold
                              sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X