Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Too Low!

Hi - I wonder if anyone can help.....

My S2 Avant has FK springs (40mm lowering I think) and Bilstein shocks (B7 I think) and it is really low, it has an RS2 exhaust with the twin pipes and this is about 15mm from the road so it hits all small bumps all the time and is not fun to drive. It was in this setup when I bought it and it also has 17inch BBS alloys but with stretched tyres so although a 40 profile they are more like a 30 in height which does not help.

I am thinking about doing two things, firstly changing the wheels and tyres which should raise it by about 10mm and if this is not enough then changing the springs - but can you get 20mm lowering springs (I cant find any - only 30mm H&R?) and also will the shocks be long enough for this?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! Eibach's low around 25mm but they don't exist for our cars.
    Only H&R with 30mm

PM
    photobucket SUCKS
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nick H View Post
      Hi - I wonder if anyone can help.....

My S2 Avant has FK springs (40mm lowering I think) and Bilstein shocks (B7 I think) and it is really low, it has an RS2 exhaust with the twin pipes and this is about 15mm from the road so it hits all small bumps all the time and is not fun to drive. It was in this setup when I bought it and it also has 17inch BBS alloys but with stretched tyres so although a 40 profile they are more like a 30 in height which does not help.

I am thinking about doing two things, firstly changing the wheels and tyres which should raise it by about 10mm and if this is not enough then changing the springs - but can you get 20mm lowering springs (I cant find any - only 30mm H&R?) and also will the shocks be long enough for this?

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      Hi nick are the shockers and springs in good condition that's what I would be checking first then check width of wheels to right tyre size your meant to have on as the person who had it before you might of done stretched tyres to clear arches? All best Michael

Comment

Be great to see some pics
        Gav
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Originally posted by gavs20v View Post

Be great to see some pics

Gav
          I agree before it is "raised".

Thanks.

Comment

Working...