Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running propper Anti-Lag?

Evening people,

Do any of you guys run proper anti-lag software?

Looking to do this myself,
    Is it just a software upgrade you have used or do you run aftermarket management to control it?

I don't just mean 4/5k rpm limiter to build boost,
    but actual timing retard, modified iSCV for more flow, the whole deal then throttle shutoff is detected

Cheers, Sean.
    1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
    1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
    BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Baz (gnutz) is putting together an umluft style anti-lag setup on the S2 MKII Golf, don't know of anyone else on the forum
    http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...2+golf&page=23
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I think Stuart (SE_30)is running it on his 90.
      Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
      20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

I'm interested also. Still considering which ECU to use... current thinking is going with Autronic ECU with some a throttle kicker. Probably going this way due to local knowledge/support available. There's a guy in striking distance from me who runs a S1 replica with full anti-lag... likelihood is that I'll get him to do the work.
        '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
        S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

It might sound cool and lairy but it's bloody destructive and I'd think an expensive way to go a little bit faster. New turbo, exhaust valves and head rebuild every season. You need deep pockets!
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sounds like you know what to do already!

Bare minimum will be a throttle jacker or some kind of bypass like the isv you mentioned and an ecu with a decent antilag strategy, preferably with some kind of over temp safety strategy like an egt trip, or timer to stop the turbo melting. Some systems have air injection into the exhaust mani like audi's "umluft" and mitsubishi "sas", I have experimented with this but I'm still not entirely sure why they do this and the system will function with just the throttle jacker alone.

As far as im aware you'll have to go aftermarket for the ecu.

HTH Baz.
            The ONLY S2 Golf!
            http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
            10.42@138mph
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

You only need air injection without a throttle jacker or e-throttle
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                It might sound cool and lairy but it's bloody destructive and I'd think an expensive way to go a little bit faster. New turbo, exhaust valves and head rebuild every season. You need deep pockets!

I understand it's not the kindest mod, but it is for motorsport and I'm getting well beaten at the minute - all the competition run anti lag.
                I'm in the process of shedding weight and sorting the suspension - anti lag is just part of the solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                '94 S2 (RS2+ spec. Tarmac Rally Car)
                S2QuattroMotorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                  You only need air injection without a throttle jacker or e-throttle
                  My first attempt was with only air injection operating and I just couldn't build any boost pressure this way no matter how much fuel was used and ignition retarded, this prompted me to go down the throttle kicker route which worked fine.

I also experienced clutch slip after gear changes with the antilag working, I quickly lost interest at this point and concentrated efforts elsewhere.
                  The ONLY S2 Golf!
                  http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19402
                  10.42@138mph
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnkkOfFpXg

Comment

I think flat shifting is a nice compromise
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

With my motec I only have 'mild' anti lag programmed in to the ecu. In parallel it has all the safety devices included.

I've only used it when sprinting the car. Not like the ricer boys in Asda car parks.
                      Stuart
                      B2 90 quattro with boost

Comment

You are allowed to activate ALS in Asda carpark, but only on Christmas eve if you are parking in the toddler & baby spaces.
                        Indigo ABY coupé
                        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Sorry for late reply guys, had my lad this weekend

I'm far from new to Anti-Lag, Been using and mapping it since the early 2000`s on Cosworths and Zetec turbo stuff,

I was more curious on if the URS2/4/6 Motronic can be used for full on aggressive ALS and NOT just 2 step shots fired gay stuff

I am more than happy to use DTA Pro to accommodate it but if I can get away without it for now then I will be much happier!

Basically I am planning to use an original S2/4/6 as a test/development mule for the Sapphire over next year so I can enjoy both cars before a hybrid occurs hence the want to use Motronic and not just spunk out for DTA or KMS stuff on top of other stuff I would have to take the mule off the road to fit, wire and base then live map etc, if you see my point

Sean.
                          1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
                          1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
                          BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Working...
                          X