Wheel detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel detailing

Thought I'd share this, just finished these 4 rims on a company Merc, bit over the top but when you love cars it makes sense . All cleaned, clayed and waxed. Hoping to complete a full detail on this car if I have time this weekend to finish it.

This car

1980502_666621150087707_639628224552204807_o by ryanaqui, on Flickr
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Good work there Ryan...there is dedication for you! Just bought some of this stuff recently to use as a high temperatrure wax sealant that's ideal for alloy wheels.
    Big White HI-TEMP PASTE WAX.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1113871271...84.m1497.l2649

Great tune for the Vid!! What is it? Me wants
    96 URS6 plus speck saloon
    96 URS6 plus speck estate
    94 2.6 80 Avant
    99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Good enough to eat
      What wheel cleaner did you use?
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
        Good work there Ryan...there is dedication for you! Just bought some of this stuff recently to use as a high temperatrure wax sealant that's ideal for alloy wheels.
        Big White HI-TEMP PASTE WAX.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1113871271...84.m1497.l2649

Great tune for the Vid!! What is it? Me wants
        Cheers mate, took about 5 hours all in for the four wheels, that's removal, cleaning and waxing + tyre dressing.

Track is awesome I love it, was from an Ibiza Privilege CD, track is:
        El patio - jazmines y hierbabuena

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
        Good enough to eat
        What wheel cleaner did you use?
        Yep they do come out really good

I am using AutoFinesse iron out, takes a few times doing, helps with the claying process as well and the wheels end up super smooth! I combine that with a wheel soap called Ammo Brute but I think any other car soap should be just fine

That combined with various wheel woolies and a good wheel brush

Also note that clay bars end up pretty much wasted after claying 4 wheels, they just fall to pieces..bought a few cheap 4gbp clay bars on ebay specifically to use on wheels
        1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Thanks Ryan. Must admit I've never clayed a wheel, then again I've never got them clean enough to bother
          My CHs need some love before they go back on, might give it a try
          Indigo ABY coupé
          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

great job - look like new!
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              Thanks Ryan. Must admit I've never clayed a wheel, then again I've never got them clean enough to bother
              My CHs need some love before they go back on, might give it a try
              Worth a try, the iron out needs to be left for a few minutes before agitating so it properly penetrates the iron particles on the surface. Agitating with a wheel brush which is soaped up helps a lot.

I always like to go over the rim one last time with one coat of iron out and a microfibre wash mitt with shampoo, always gets the rest of it off ready for claying

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
              great job - look like new!
              Cheers mate! Much appreciated
              1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Thanks Ryan for the Ibiza tune info, i will definitely be buying that!! I am going to have to take my newly refurbed wheels of again to apply the Finish Kare FK1000P Hi-Temp Car Wax Sealant i just bought.Should have remembered to buy it while the wheels were of the car. Keep up the good work mate.
                94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Worth the effort! If they haven't been on too long they shouldn't be so bad to get clean. The iron out really helps! Claying will help get rid of most stubborn brake dust stained areas but for that your clay bar won't last long. That's why I just bought 5 from china at 15 delivered. Clay is clay, any one will do the job
                  1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Looks good.
                    I bet you are single.
                    Rob..
                    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                    87 UR 20v ABY
                    97 S6 Avant
                    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                      Looks good.
                      I bet you are single.
                      Yep..when not working, time goes on cars
                      1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
                        Worth the effort! If they haven't been on too long they shouldn't be so bad to get clean. The iron out really helps! Claying will help get rid of most stubborn brake dust stained areas but for that your clay bar won't last long. That's why I just bought 5 from china at 15 delivered. Clay is clay, any one will do the job
                        Yes your right! I have only driven the car about 20 miles to get a feel for the new rubber half that on the M25 so wheels as new still with no brake dust yet.Just annoyed with myself that i didn't think to buy the special wax before i put the wheels on.I definitely will be taking them of again to protect the beautiful finish from the refurb so as you say worth the hassle. I will be looking into your wheel cleaner iron out as i want something really mild and safe.
                        94 2.6 80 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                          Looks good.
                          I bet you are single.

Indigo ABY coupé
                          Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                            Yes your right! I have only driven the car about 20 miles to get a feel for the new rubber half that on the M25 so wheels as new still with no brake dust yet.Just annoyed with myself that i didn't think to buy the special wax before i put the wheels on.I definitely will be taking them of again to protect the beautiful finish from the refurb so as you say worth the hassle. I will be looking into your wheel cleaner iron out as i want something really mild and safe.
                            Should be easy mate, got my Iron Out from cleanyourcar.co.uk. Was 60 for a gallon and it's enough to last the average consumer a few months

Gonna have to look at getting some more as it's not lasting me too long with all these wheels I've been doing lately. Will be trying Dodo Juice's Ferrous Dueller which is basically their version of the Iron out product. Got 500ml spray bottle and a 1 litre refill coming and will see what kind of results I get from that

Exciting times this week, seats should be ready soon, wheels and downpipe ceramic coated
                            1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

"Ferrous Dueller" ? that is either a typo or some marketing man going a bit mental surely (most probable from company called DoDo juice - so they can't take life too seriously I guess) lololol
                              Paul Nugent
                              Webmaster http://S2central.net
                              Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                              2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                              2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Working...
                              X