Coupe front subframe to rear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coupe front subframe to rear

Has enyone got detailed information perhaps pictures about moding and puting front coupe/b3 subframe to the back? Friend has and 95. S2 Coupe and rear subframe is totaly rusted away, nothing to do there and coupe q/b3 rear subframes are quite RARE in Estonia.
    1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
    *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
    1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Originally posted by Kiku View Post
    Has enyone got detailed information perhaps pictures about moding and puting front coupe/b3 subframe to the back? Friend has and 95. S2 Coupe and rear subframe is totaly rusted away, nothing to do there and coupe q/b3 rear subframes are quite RARE in Estonia.
    The front subframe is different and you have nowhere to attach the diff hanger bracket..
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Be better have a custom made subframe surely?
      Hasn't anyone done aluminium ones yet?

Comment

i will soon be removing the subframe from my b3 coupe quattro, make me an offer (and pay the shipping)

Comment

Originally posted by rynaqui View Post
          The front subframe is different and you have nowhere to attach the diff hanger bracket..
          Actually the sub frames are exactly the same.

But like you said there are no diff mounts so its not really possible.

Here is a picture of a protype that will be in production soon.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...&postcount=584
          Chef

Comment

its only a 30 min job to weld over the bracket for the rear diff, or make one, in a front subframe...

Comment

Yes i know that there is no diff bracket but thats the least of the problems you can weld it but i was thinking has anyone have any other information. What subframe to use or smth. I know couple of cq drivers has done the same thing but i can get a hold on them so i was thinking of asking from here.
              1990 2.2 20VT Audi Coupe Quattro
              *Hx35/k26, MaxxECU, Wagner EM/IC *RS2 Recaro *4pot-Brembo *3" turboback *Treser *Koni/H&R
              1990 Audi 200 20v Avant 2.2 20VT *7 Seater *Full electric gizmos

Comment

Its been some time from your last post, but it might be useful to someone the front sub frame out of a 5 cyl quattro

PN: 895199313 -- Front
                PN: 895505235F - My rear sub frame is with the short tie rods subframe / F >> 8A-L-057 000*

I will be taking it out to get new bushings and have it sand blasted and coated in the next month i'll try to post some pics.

you have to cut the sway bar supports from the front subframe and weld the tie rods supports on their place

Comment

Working...
                X