My b2 quattro 20vt project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My b2 quattro 20vt project

Hi i`m new to this forum and thought that i need to share my project.
    I bough audi 80 b2 quattro 1984 last year and started to rebuilding it,
    changed the brakes all around,filters oil etc etc. and took it to local garage to get it welded as it had rotten boot an wheel arches.so done that and it passed its mot.
    i drove it around in it for few months and engine started to smoke so took the engine out and rebuilt it top to bottom with all new parts.after that the engine was fitted and started up without any issues,but after idling for few hours its just cut out and it was hard to start it up,and them my problems started... over fueling no spark etc etc.managed to adjust it to run but was over fueling and was not idling.so gave up with it....Plus all the welding work what garage did i had to redo everything again because they just welded new sheets of metal on top of the rust,so had to cut everything out and redo all the welding.after all the problems i had i took the engine off and sold it,and bought my self a 3b engine so that`s what i`m doing with it at the moment.i made the engine look new again and its now ready to go in the car.But before that i need to fit new braided fuel lines,new brake lines and wiring loom before the engine and gearbox can go in.It should be done before Audis in the park but struggling with time.

more pictures to follow.................
    Attached Files

to the forum and good luck with the project

Are you doing the work yourself or someone else doing it for you? Are you keeping to 4 stud or changing to full S2 running gear?

Life is a rollercoaster

Comment

im doing my own work,dont trust anyone near my car,as they say,if you want it done properly then do it your self
      Im keeping the original running gear for now,got solid bushes in subframes for better handling.
      in the future i might go with 5 stud and porsche brakes in front.
      the car is alot lighter then s2 and it will be hard to stop with these brakes.

Comment

nice project!
        you find here plenty info for your engine swap,including myself
        i also use the original 4 bolt hubs
        good luck
        audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
        TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
        AEM W/M injection

Comment

I've still got 4 stud but used Compbrake calipers
          Good luck with the project, nice to see another saved from the scrappers

Comment

Nick what power are you running?and what brakes are you using in 4 stud wheels?

Comment

Bluequattro what is comp calipers?can i have more info please?

Comment

coll project. Will keep an eye on progress
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Compbrake 4 piston aluminium calipers
                  Same company that do Ali top mounts

Comment

I'm using compbrake 4 pots on my urs4. They are a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauliusb2 View Post
                      Nick what power are you running?and what brakes are you using in 4 stud wheels?
                      i have 520hp and 635nm torque
                      front brakes are 330mm disc , xyz 6 piston calipers with custom bracket
                      rear brakes are 300mm disc , urs4 calipers with custom bracket

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...ig+brake+setup
                      AEM W/M injection

Comment

Quattronick its alot of power you have there.i was thinking to go up to about 400 bhp in the future,but i really need to get these brakes sorted as i will crash the car Lol

Comment

brakes

i have some front s2 2 pot calipers,but have no idea how do i fit them,does anyone know of any sort of special brackets etc?

Comment

i think you need to make some custom brackets because the distance between the 2 holes from the bracket are different
                            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Yup, or fit type 89 front struts, but that will most likely result in swapping cv joints, or hubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X