Insurance Renewal Time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Renewal Time!!

As per title that dreaded time of year got my renewal through from Admiral and they hiked price up by £400 to last year despite no claims points etc etc!!

I emailed them and told them politely what I thought and immediately without speaking to them they reduced price by £200! I phoned them a week ago and told them I didn't agree how they can rip off loyal customers as I have been with admiral for 5 years with all cars and they reduced a little more off.

Still not enough and hence homework commenced lol!! Renewed all 3 cars and saved £440!

Motto of the story - Check your prices and shop around!

same as bell direct after 7 years with them pulling that stunt it got enough and I went elsewhere

Comment

If your caught snoozing it's called legalised robbery.Glad you weren't
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Try to arrange your insurance cover to finish close to the end of the month (today (27th) close to ideal), as most of the tele-sales people will be on commission, and at the end of the month (particularly this close to Christmas) they will be looking to earn some commission. Human nature is that it gets more intense as the monthly deadline approaches, and that's when you are likely to get yourself better discount.......

Comment

My insurance for my first RS2 was £481 last year with Grove & Dean, just had a renewal letter asking for £646. Rang them up and told them I managed to insure my other RS2 with Lancaster for £256 and they said they could do it for £500... click... brrrrr...
          RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
          RS2 - LHD on the road again
          RS2 - reduced to component parts
          RS2 Saloon replica
          A4 1.8T
          BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
          sigpic

Comment

a bunch of bloody useless thieves at the best of times. Robbery indeed...
            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

I had the same problem with Admiral, been with them for 10 years but this year they couldn't get anywhere near the price i have eventually paid.

My mate is also with them and they were competitive for him ironically it was cheaper for him to insure my C4 S6 than his C4 A6 TDI quattro

Comment

Insurance just pisses me off you try to stay loyal and lots of people do because they dont have time in their lives to sort but when mine was hiked up i thought enough is enough. Just paid £120 for the S2 limited 5000 miles a year with Performance Direct and saved £180 on the A6 and £100 on the A4 and then £120 on DD fees and apr! So i think thats a worth while saving!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                  Insurance just pisses me off you try to stay loyal and lots of people do because they dont have time in their lives to sort but when mine was hiked up i thought enough is enough. Just paid £120 for the S2 limited 5000 miles a year with Performance Direct and saved £180 on the A6 and £100 on the A4 and then £120 on DD fees and apr! So i think thats a worth while saving!
                  That's incredibly cheap for the S2 and 5,000 miles. I'm paying that for the 2.6 estate limited to 1,500 with footman james. Because of this when i tried to renew through Performance Direct on the 2.6 they wanted to hike it up saying once i wanted more than 1,000 miles the premium really jumps up with them,so i switched. What did you tell them you do for a living, A vicar??! No i am being serious here because it seams what you do for a living has a very unfair bearing on how much insurance companies charge. In other words the more professional you are the chapter it gets. What did you tell them Anthony and if you don't mind how old are you?
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
                    That's incredibly cheap for the S2 and 5,000 miles. I'm paying that for the 2.6 estate limited to 1,500 with footman james. Because of this when i tried to renew through Performance Direct on the 2.6 they wanted to hike it up saying once i wanted more than 1,000 miles the premium really jumps up with them,so i switched. What did you tell them you do for a living, A vicar??! No i am being serious here because it seams what you do for a living has a very unfair bearing on how much insurance companies charge. In other words the more professional you are the chapter it gets. What did you tell them Anthony and if you don't mind how old are you?
                    Told them I work in the local Monastery and am a 50 year old virgin!!!!!!

Naa seriously am 42 year old and I am a Buyer in Retail and the S2 is my 3rd car which only gets used at a weekend sparingly

Comment

Working...
                    X