01A broken 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01A broken 5th

Out of interest has anyone broke 5th in there 01A befpre? I read 3rd normal suspect, however on my drive to work this morning I overtook a van in 5th and have taken out 5th

My cars a 20v 90 originally but with a 2.5tdi fitted, I have about 400nm anot broke just around max torque.

30 mile drive home is daunting me as worried about complete gearbox failure, fingers crossed

Did you get home ok?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

I need but it did bind between gears once or twice

I'll have set of the 0A3 mounts next weekend

Comment

Mine failed when the Torsen diff failed taking out the casing, it actually managed 400 miles with no oil and full of broken bits. The gear teeth were progressively more ruined the higher the gear.

92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
        98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
        63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
        69 Austin Mini Cooper
        71 MGB GT
        75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
        04 Kawasaki GPX250
        96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

In 01A box, the 5-th gear is pressed on the shaft, has no splines to keep from turning. This is why is rated at only 310 nm torque from factory. Can cope with more...but for an TDI....don't know really..
          All the best!

Comment

Ah torsen failure looks bad, I'm certain I've broke the teeth from somthing as it jingled all the way home, which bit
            I'm not sure, however I do think maybe it's been cases by 5th slipping as seems reasonable

I give up trying fit my spare 01A and opted to drive my fathers car for a week and get the 0A3 fitted as always been my plan

Comment

Working...
            X