Amazing number plate....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing number plate....

Spotted yesterday in Altrincham (Cheshire) on a Mercedes CLK....wait for it....

S2

p.s. shame the owner has such bad taste in motors

I think RS2 sold recently for around £100,000

Comment

IIRC it's only a £30 fine for having an incorrect number plate on the car
      Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
      Indigo ABY coupé
      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

There's no fine if you de-register your car like this bloke does, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH4nBQoYA9Y

Urs6 avant nogaro
        s2 avant

Comment

Originally posted by imp998 View Post
          There's no fine if you de-register your car like this bloke does, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH4nBQoYA9Y
          Maybe not, but his point makes no sense. I guess he has nothing remotely interesting to do in his life, so faffs about with stuff like this.

Sure, VED is annoying but actually, it allows DVLA to run (sort of) and for the enforcement of rules to be possible. This benefits us all.

Imagine an existence where all those terrible drivers could not be traced and dealt with. Ok, so most get away with it anyway through luck but on the whole, the system does work.

There is no way that the DVLA own your car ha ha. They merely run a register, so know how to collect revenue and where to find you when you do something daft.

V5 only proves who car is reg'd to. It does not prove ownership. That is why you should always get a receipt for cars and ask the seller to sign a doc stating cash has changed hands and that you are now the owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
            IIRC it's only a £30 fine for having an incorrect number plate on the car
            this is true which is why i now run my fleet with no front plates
            sigpic
            "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
            BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
            1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
            2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

I'm not insinuating that's what I do, I have 4 vessels all taxed and insured. I just wish I had a pair to match the chap in the video, I would be bricking sh**s every time I drove!
              Urs6 avant nogaro
              s2 avant

Comment

I heard a similar story with tax. You basicly don't legally own the car, you rent it back at what ever the tax cost is for a year. That's how they can take your car and impound it legally. Don't know if it's true. But my car is taxed...

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X