Reasons you don't drive your car every day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons you don't drive your car every day

I thought it would make for an interesting topic/discussion.

What are the reasons you avoid driving your car to work/etc every day? (I mean your S/RS URS etc )

Mine would be:

No safe place to park the car without worrying about it getting hit, flooding in the area when it rains.

If I had a place to park the car where I knew 100% that it could not get hit, I would most likely drive the car to work a lot more
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

For me it's a few reasons:

Crappy pot holed roads all the way, fuel consumption as it's through city driving but the main one was the exhaust ! Until last week I had always run a 3 inch straight through but managed to fit a stock back box and I can't believe the difference ......

The wife's car mainly gets used, it's a zafira dti and it's effortless to drive

Comment

Fuel consumption.
      Cheers'en, AndyC
      1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Used to drive mine to the station every day, but it's only 3 miles and with a speed limit of 30 mph all the way. Can't see any point in that. I would then get there and then worry about where to park it without getting a dinged. I cycle instead.

Comment

Don't need a car for work.

Comment

Cos I do a lot of miles.

Comment

I do, but only to the station.

As Monkeymagic says, mileage would be too high otherwise.
              85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
              93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I do, but less than five miles each way.

and 'safe' parking space at the work end.

Comment

Including but not limited to;

Rubbish car to drive in traffic slowly
                  I park roadside in small gaps, so my little daily driver fits in more spaces
                  Fuel economy
                  And what would happen if it rained? It is a coupe after all ha ha. I might have to tread water whilst driving it home.

Comment

I used to use mine daily (when it worked... its all good now though) until i changed jobs last April. I now drive 1 mile to the station every mornign and park on the side of the road. My girlfriend gets on the same train so we just use her car instead. Saves on wear and tear of mine, fuel on mine and means others who cant park dont ruin my bumpers. Plus it means I know my car is safe and locked up all tight in the garage until I want to get it out to play

Comment

My workshop is at my house

Comment

i used to drive mine 100miles most days to work but thankfully I'm now split between home and London.

I will drive it whenever I can because these cars do not like standing for long periods, they seem more reliable when used often, even if they clean your £££ out due to fuel consumption
                        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

When I first bought mine in October 2000 I used it for 2 years as a daily driver but then piling the miles so I bought a much more comfortable A4 happy in the knowledge the S2 is sitting safe in the garage and then gets used at the weekend I do 30k+ a year plus with not using it as much you appreciate the car more!!

Comment

I use mine daily to and from work i do 16 miles a day and it costs me £30 a week , then gets parked up all w/end and we use the wife's S3 Which is just as thirsty but she pays the fuel

Comment

Fuel
                              2 seats, 3 kids and wife
                              The gearbox doesn't like reverse
                              No tax or test
                              It's scares me a bit
                              It's on axle stands
                              Are they enough reasons?
                              Oh, an my v8 discovery makes more noise, but the tyres keep going flat cos of naff alloys!

Comment

Working...
                              X