Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way to Clean an S Car's Carpet in Situ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Clean an S Car's Carpet in Situ ?

As per title, looking for best way to clean the interior's carpet of fine grit, and the odd sticky black stain, from presumably cola ?

Thanks for any assistance.

Last edited by macspring; 23 April 2014, 00:26.

A good strong shop vac to pic up all the grit, some good chemicals suited to the gunk (I'd try and get a litre of something commercial or I've had success with some regular washing detergent in a strong solution) and agitate it with an upholstery brush...

Finally a wet vac with a small attachment and shampoo - a small karcher or something if you can get your hands on it - I've been meaning to buy one myself for ages, with kids it would be priceless to pull things out of carpets in both the car & house.
    AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

I have used a steam cleaner with a terry towling attachment. I bought a handheld pifco one for 20 quid

Comment

http://www.karcher.co.uk/uk/Products...s/11001200.htm

These can be hired from hss / speedy or any hire company for as little as ÂŁ30 for the weekend and they come with a small hand held attachment that's ideal for cars .

Comment

I used turtlewax carpet cleaner + ordinary vacuum for my coupe boot carpet.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showpos...5&postcount=63
          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Spray some sort of stain remover on bad areas work it in with a brush/sponge. Then use a carpet cleaner with hose attachment. Works great...takes a bit of time but well worth the effort.
            1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Macspring buy a George cost around ÂŁ140 new of eBay They are wet or dry upholstery cleaners like what professionals use but smaller. The solution that it comes with is rubbish.i was lucky as a neighbour who's trade got me what he uses on car seats/ carpets etc. you won't regret it will bring up an interior as new if it's decent in the first place but just dirty.
              96 URS6 plus speck saloon
              96 URS6 plus speck estate
              94 2.6 80 Avant
              99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

brake cleaner, seriously
                sigpic
                "For what you spent on that you could have brought a new car"
                BUT I DON'T WANT A NEW CAR!

1995 S2 Avant, Volcano Black
                1982 VW Golf Mk1, primer yellow, will be finished one day, maybe.
                2003 VW T4 long nose X pack, (has become project)

Comment

Biological washing powder works well, left to soak for a while. I have also used brake cleaner on a microfibre cloth too, works a treat for grease spots etc
                  Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                  Indigo ABY coupé
                  Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Cleaned my carpets a while ago. Attached photo is of the boot carpet which i removed to do but you get the idea.
                    Attached Files
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

To add to what others have said:

1. Removing the two front seats will be beneficial in the long run

2. Don't use too much liquid (including water) unless you have a vacuum extraction system. You don't want moisture to soak down into the under pad. It will begin to mold and smell

RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
                      94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

Suggest to the trouble and strife she needs a new vax for the carpets with a stairs and upholstery attachment, then put some solution into a spray bottle on the grubbiest bits, then vax the rest on a nice warm summers day... Just avoid soaking it, better two lightly moist washes over a couple of days than flooding it....
                        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                        X