UrQ 600ps project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UrQ 600ps project.

So basically cardcrash suggested I post a little bit about my car which is due to be finished any day now. It was a mint UrQ 20v that I bought back in Feb 2014. I had sold my much loved MRC tuned V10 RS6. Fancied a change to something old skool, raw and more engaging. The UrQ had been one of my favourite cars of all time so thought I might as well take the plunge. The UrQ I bought had an RS2 engine, ECU and 6 speed gearbox. It had Koni springs and the optional factory BBS-RS. On a Euro trip to the Ring last year with my mates who all had R8 V10's it would level peg on a roll on upto 145mph. It was really quick. On the black forest run back to Spa Francorchamps it was the star of the show, in fact the R8's admitted struggling to keep up, the car being able to put all of its power down everywhere. For a 25 year old car it was phenominal. The brakes were much to be desired but the chassis coped perfectly with the performance. It had just the right balance. Was a flukey find, in fantastic condition.
    Late 2014 after much deliberation (basically after seeing JSWS3's car) I decided it needed an overhaul, engine, chassis, gearbox the lot. Now almost a year on all that's left is for the sparky to finish off the last of the electric wiring and to get fired up n dump the oil a few times. It will be detailed and have some paint shielding done. The vehicle will be run on a basic map at approx 550ps until the cars had a few miles on the clock when it will be power mapped with a few switchable maps to hopefully north of 600ps. Not sure what power it will make but to be honest my remit was a reliable thrash-able street car that can be caned on the track every now and then. I wanted the car to look completely original inside and out, and the only visible difference when you lift the bonnet up. Even then I wanted it to exude the original character of the car, to look classy and well packaged. The car has been named Hatchet Harry, (private joke).

Unfortunately the pics I have are from a while ago so it shows the car incomplete but gives an idea, will post some more when the car has been detailed.

The spec is as follows:

-Rifle Drilled H Beam Rods form DM Forged
    with ARP 2000 bolts.
    -Wossner Turbo pistons 82mm 8.5:1 compression.
    -Internally Balanced .
    Rotating assembly (allows future flywheel swap).
    -Customer Supplied light weight flywheel and Sachs Clutch.
    -ARP mains studs.
    -ARP head studs.
    -MLS RS2 gasket.
    -RS2 spec bearings.

Cylinderhead.

-Race spec head. Valves.
    -Stock size Black nitride intake valves.
    +0.5mm Inconel Exhaust valves.
    -Full supertech valvespring and titanium retainers.
    -Head fully ported and polished .
    -Jonus racing early boost cams.
    -1000cc ev14 injectors.

-Custom catch tank .
    -Wagner reverse manifold ported and polished to cylinder head.
    -Wagner sport Quattro exhaust manifold (zircotec coated.)
    -5x egt one for each cylinder.
    -Stock rebuilt waste gate with 1bar Spring.
    -Mac valve solenoid .
    -3.5" custom built exhaust reduces to 3" after the down pipe.
    (Down pipe zircotec protected).

-Precision turbo custom built 58mm billet compressor wheel.
    66mm exhaust wheel.
    (Zircotec protected hot side.)

-Maxxecu with Bluetooth dash logger .
    -5x egt
    -1x oil pressure sensor.
    -1x flex fuel sensor.

-Custom built intercooler with 50mm tial Bov.

-Rebuilt rear diff with wavetrac diff fitted.

-Rebuilt 6speed adu gearbox with longer 6th gear.

-Kenlow fan mounted to stock radiator shroud.

-Full Audi s2 running gear fully painted and wax oiled with super flex bushes.
    -Kw v3 stainless steel suspension.
    -White line rear anti roll bar.

-Hi-spec brakes
    (6 pot front brakes with semi floating rotors
    4 pot rear brakes with semi floating rotors) with custom hand brake.
    -With performance friction pads.

Look forward to posting some pics when the car has been detailed.

Cheers.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by speedfr38ky; 21 December 2015, 21:53.

V nice!

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

This sounds like an awesome project, I'm guessing your not going to be able to fit the OE option RS wheels over the new brakes?

Looking forward to see some photo's of the whole car.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
        This sounds like an awesome project, I'm guessing your not going to be able to fit the OE option RS wheels over the new brakes?

Looking forward to see some photo's of the whole car.

Thanks. Yes you're right - which is why the car currently has 16" BBS RS 8j as per these pics of the car last year. I will run these before changing to radinox lips and 8.5j barrels in the spring to allow a squarer tyre and give the car an even more chunky look. However for now I just wanna get driving and put some miles on it for now, seeing as its winter, michelin ps3's (though not ideal) will do until the spring. I will be selling the lips and barrels in due course.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by speedfr38ky; 21 December 2015, 14:25.

Comment

This sounds fabulous! I think I noticed this car for sale on classiccarsforsale back then. Is it F55*** ?
          Can't wait to see more photos.
          1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
          2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
          2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

nice project
            audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
            TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
            AEM W/M injection

Comment

Originally posted by 4WDrifter View Post
              This sounds fabulous! I think I noticed this car for sale on classiccarsforsale back then. Is it F55*** ?
              Can't wait to see more photos.
              Thanks. Yes it is. I was very lucky to find it and be able to buy it in such good condition. Haters will hate and all that but I paid peanuts for it too compared to what a rusty one goes for now merely a year and a half on hence why ive justified spending more on it. It needed a few minor corrections such as wheels changes etc but was pretty much ready to drive.

The biggest stroke of luck though was being put in touch with Ish at Quattrocoachworks who is responsible for the build and my first port of call when I initially bought the car. His advice, trustworthyness with my hard earned, attention to detail, and going the extra mile in every action he perfomed on my car is something ive not come across in any walk of life. The guy is a true gem and I can go to sleep at night knowing my car is in the most capable hands. Its more a vocation for him than a primary source of income.

Also big thanks to John Wain (jsws3) for all his advice and reassuring support, parts sharing and being a thoroughly good bloke. (Although I do owe the pair of them payback for playing a prank on me a while back...******s).
              Last edited by speedfr38ky; 22 December 2015, 08:55.

Comment

Good luck mate and healthy drive!
                1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Some more pics. Looks a bit messy but its due a good detailing after the last of the wiring is hooked up im told on Xmas eve. Next stage is to get it fired up and running.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Where does your wastegate outlet pipe go?
                    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                    Indigo ABY coupé
                    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Im running a sport quattro manifold thus the wastegate pipe goes straight into the exhaust which I believe reduces the turbo surge.

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr38ky View Post
                        Thanks. Yes you're right - which is why the car currently has 16" BBS RS 8j as per these pics of the car last year. I will run these before changing to radinox lips and 8.5j barrels in the spring to allow a squarer tyre and give the car an even more chunky look. However for now I just wanna get driving and put some miles on it for now, seeing as its winter, michelin ps3's (though not ideal) will do until the spring. I will be selling the lips and barrels in due course.
                        That is a nice looking car

Cool that you'll be sticking with BBS RS wheel's all be it a different size to stock, they suit the car really well IMO.

Looking forward to some more photo's and updates.
                        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          That is a nice looking car

Cool that you'll be sticking with BBS RS wheel's all be it a different size to stock, they suit the car really well IMO.

Looking forward to some more photo's and updates.
                          Thank you. Its a funny debate I kept having with myself....that was to either go for 15" ronals which I think look great or stick with the 16" BBS and have the biggest brake kit possible and leaving no doubt in my mind if I hit the brakes its going to stop everytime. That said I probably wouldnt have gone for the BBS or bigger brakes for that matter had the BBS not been an optional upgrade on the UK spec cars. Having seen both wheels side by side today again im happy I stuck with the BBS. You are right they do suit the car despite being on every slammed vw lupo on the planet lol. The lips are perfectly proportioned and look agressive.

Comment

I had my Ur for over 6 years (a standard-looking WR, other than the Nissan Mystic Green Pearlescent paint job), and absolutely loved it. I miss it every day, and even though my S2 (now back in Scotland) was quicker, and more refined (my A6 even More so)- Nothing I have ever owned turned heads like the Ur.
                            I'm soooo looking forward to seeing photos of this monster when its finished.....
                            Maybe even some footage of it dropping an R8

Comment

Originally posted by Tonybolony View Post
                              I had my Ur for over 6 years (a standard-looking WR, other than the Nissan Mystic Green Pearlescent paint job), and absolutely loved it. I miss it every day, and even though my S2 (now back in Scotland) was quicker, and more refined (my A6 even More so)- Nothing I have ever owned turned heads like the Ur.
                              I'm soooo looking forward to seeing photos of this monster when its finished.....
                              Maybe even some footage of it dropping an R8
                              Haha. Thank you. Yes I know what you mean. The steering and driving feel of a quattro is very butch and raw. Its a true drivers car. Not even an R8 as good as it is has nicer steering feel than a quattro.
                              Lol nah footage against an R8 wouldnt be fair....poor thing would be left for dead if a quattro had anything over 400bhp.....but pitching it against my mates mclaren12c...now that would be interesting. Not getting my hopes up but I reckon if Jonus can eeek out over 700ps on e85 fuel (which im told should be achievable)....who knows. The mclaren is ffast and linear in its torque spread, the quattro will be savage over 3200rpm, power to weight in my favor, gearshifting not...etc. Would be close im sure either way....watch this space.

Comment

Working...
                              X