Agreed value insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed value insurance

Mine was £6500 last year but with the new engine and all the work over the years, I don't think thats representative any more. What have people got their cars valued at?
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Footman and James

Comment

I'm interested in this too. My urq build has a very average paint job but a huge amount of cash spent on all the mechanical and electrical bits. Just wondering what the best way to insure it is. I would of thought 30k would be a conservative price to pay for the parts never mind the building of it?

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gotta be £12k on a well maintained ABY these days.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

I'm with Sky

£12k sounds more like it.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I'm a bit miffed on this front, I may have set my valuation too low at £7k according the Adrian flux today it is worth £5500 and there is no way I could ever get a similar spec s2 for that money
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Well what flux know about our motors they could write on a stamp
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Am keen to see where this thread is going as am going with agreed valuation this year after the money I've put into mine and once the paint job is done. Am going for an agreed valuation of £12k on mine

Am also interested who people are going with or recommending based on experience

Comment

With the rate these cars are appreciating agreed value insurance seems to be a complete waste of time on an unmodified car, a good policy seems like a much better idea. My RS2 was worth about £15K when I first put it on the road and I 'agreed value' insured it for £18K to cover myself. 11 moths later I'd struggle to replace the car for double that so it's covered on a decent policy that would reflect the current market value at the time anything untoward should happen.....which isn't likely. I have my S2 for thrashing which can stay looking tatty while I turn my RS2 into a temple.

Trust me, I know a mate who stands to be stung on this soon.

I can understand someone like Des' who's UR is constructed out of all sorts of exotic after-market hardware wanting special cover, but it seems like a bad idea on a stock examples which could go up in value by £1000's in months.

It's a tricky one, I hate insurance.

The quattro owners club is sponsored by some good underwriters who are familiar with such rare and valuable cars, so it could be worth joining.

I don't think they make you sport the lapel badge, you may however have to carry a tape measure to inform other owners their badges are incorrectly positioned.
                  Last edited by K Simmonds; 27 July 2016, 01:02. Reason: More info
                  1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
                  1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
                  1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
                  1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Legalised extortion. I pretty much just accept that if there's any incident with my S2, whether my fault or not, im completely ****ed.
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                      Legalised extortion. I pretty much just accept that if there's any incident with my S2, whether my fault or not, im completely ****ed.
                      LOL... Doesn't have to be the S2... I'm still waiting to get stiffed from someone driving in the back of my Hilux whilst I was stationary from last October. The truck will be written off.... And to boil my piss even further, whilst waiting for repair, and in a completely separate incident, a Merc' drove into the opposite side of the rear causing further damage.
                      When I tried to report it, my insurer said "it was his lucky day"... Because there was already outstanding damage, it couldn't be proved that it had happened previously....

The Merc driver came into the bakers I was parked outside sweating when he was telling me he had driven into me...

There's no ****ing hope hope from the dirty thriving scumbags....
                      Definitely a case of you will get shafted, it's just how long and how hard.

Comment

What is the deal with Quattro owners club on valuations and insurance? Based on the comments above I would be better off arguing the market value if worst came to worst
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                          The quattro owners club is sponsored by some good underwriters who are familiar with such rare and valuable cars, so it could be worth joining.

I don't think they make you sport the lapel badge, you may however have to carry a tape measure to inform other owners their badges are incorrectly positioned.

Comment

I use Hagerty in the states, and notice you have a Hagerty UK.

I have my 90 Coupe with a 99 S8 motor and other mods. The Agreed to Value is $25,000. I drive it less than 5000 miles a year.

Greg W.
                            They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

I have £10,000 with Sky, tried for £12k but they wouldn't have it

Comment

Working...
                              X