X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a matter of perspective...

acc Top Gear, the RS2 is (still?) a bargain:

http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-...oes-audi-rs2#1

With Porsche's help, Audi built one of the finest estates ever.

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
    acc Top Gear, the RS2 is (still?) a bargain:
    http://www.topgear.com/car-news/top-...oes-audi-rs2#1
    Converted to a pdf for those that save these things.

Attached Files
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

I thought the 0-60 was 4.8 seconds?

Comment

The six-speed manual gearbox will likely be slack and loose on higher mileage cars and the manually activated locking rear diff on our car (there’s a button on the centre console) wasn’t keen on staying locked.

Thanks god!

Comment

well i guess keepin the diff locked would be hard considering its designed to disengage at 25kph if i remember rightly.

I do wish people would do their homework properly before putting it to print, I mean in this day and age, getting the right 0-60 time for a car is not exactly hard.

He should take a look at the pistonhead article and compare the quality, this is a bit....meh
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

About par for BBC journalism
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

We lucky few...

That he got some of the 22 year old minor details wrong is I think entirely forgivable, humorous because we know better, but also inconsequential and misses the larger point.

More interesting to me is that unlike myself, this fellow no doubt gets to drive some of the absolute latest and greatest out there, yet despite the decades passed, the adjectives used to describe the driving aspects re-affirms to me that perhaps I'm not entirely bonkers to want to keep driving these cars. Granted, he must know his most ardent readers will be the converted, but still, he has little to sell me and some days it does me good to hear that reassurance from a vantage point much less "involved" than my own.

I'm also reminded that the car's foibles do provide a kind of barrier to entry which not only serves to discourage some but oddly encourages others. Thank the gods for Darwinism! The herd is shaped by more than age and scarcity.

Comment

Working...
              X